Page 1 of 1

Where to transfer inherited non-qualified annuity for stretch distribution?

Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:27 pm
by Rdwo
I inherited 2 non-qualified annuities that are with Prudential and Great Western. I was going to move them to Fidelity as 1035 exchanges and take distributions over my lifetime. However, as I was preparing to make the transfers Fidelity my rep suddenly realized they are not set up to receive inherited, non-qualified annuities.

I don't want to leave the annuities with Prudential and Great Western due to their high annual fees. Does any know of another low fee firm that will accept them such as Schwab or Vanguard?

Thank you