note of thanks, new money in 2 fund portfolio

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
peterwantstosave

note of thanks, new money in 2 fund portfolio

Post by peterwantstosave » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi, all,

This is just a note of thanks to the Bogleheads. I'm putting new money (Roth and Taxable Brokerage, both at Vanguard of course) into a 2 fund portfolio Vanguard World Stock VT & Vanguard World Bond BNDW (It's an even split, for those playing along at home). I realize this might not work for everyone, but I've been persuaded by the value of simplicity, especially Rick Ferri's articulations of it.

Over time, I'll move all old money to this even split as well. It's a bit more conservative than I'd like, but I like that it's at Vanguard, I like the international flavor, and the simplicity seems very doable long term. I also like that I can explain how to do it easily.

I really like having a community of folks around to talk about investing with. It means more than you know.

snailderby

Re: note of thanks, new money in 2 fund portfolio

Post by snailderby » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:34 am

I love the simplicity! This recent article (https://www.marketwatch.com/story/targe ... 2019-02-20) also speaks highly of 50/50 balanced funds.

Angst

Post by Angst » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:44 pm

That's great, congrats!
Simplicity allows one to focus on living life while spending much less time peeking at their portfolio.

:wink:

Kitty Telltales

Post by Kitty Telltales » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Angst wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:44 pm
That's great, congrats!
Simplicity allows one to focus on living life while spending much less time peeking at their portfolio.

:wink:
+1 I read Bogleheads almost daily now and spend much less time worrying and peeking.

Wiggums

Post by Wiggums » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Congratulations.