IRS website

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
student5

IRS website

Post by student5 »

Is anyone else having trouble logging on to the personal records section of the IRS website? I just get an endless "loading" loop.
KingRiggs

Re: IRS website

Post by KingRiggs »

I tried to create a "mySocialSecurity" account, got an error message saying they can't create an account under my SSN. Said I should contact them. Phone wait time was 3.5 hours. Email not answered in going on 6 days...

Ahhh, bureaucracy...
Advice = noun | Advise = verb | | Roth, not ROTH
jebmke

Post by jebmke »

KingRiggs wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:32 pm I tried to create a "mySocialSecurity" account, got an error message saying they can't create an account under my SSN. Said I should contact them. Phone wait time was 3.5 hours. Email not answered in going on 6 days...

Ahhh, bureaucracy...
Do you have a freeze on your credit? This happened when I tried to set up a My Medicare account. Due to the credit freeze, I had to go to the SS office and they created a temporary password for me to get in and set up the account.
When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
KingRiggs

Post by KingRiggs »

jebmke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:17 pm
KingRiggs wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:32 pm I tried to create a "mySocialSecurity" account, got an error message saying they can't create an account under my SSN. Said I should contact them. Phone wait time was 3.5 hours. Email not answered in going on 6 days...

Ahhh, bureaucracy...
Do you have a freeze on your credit? This happened when I tried to set up a My Medicare account. Due to the credit freeze, I had to go to the SS office and they created a temporary password for me to get in and set up the account.
I'll bet that's it. I froze credit with all three agencies a few years ago after a data breach. I'll try un-freezing and re-applying.

Sorry to hijack the thread... :shock:
Advice = noun | Advise = verb | | Roth, not ROTH