Individual Vanguard investments in France

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Leroielu

Individual Vanguard investments in France

Post by Leroielu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:26 am

<t>I am French but I have worked in the US where I am now retired. Through the years, by investing in 401 K and IRAs, I build a significant portfolio of Vanguard funds worth several $ millions. My return over 35 more years has been about 8% / year on the average.<br/>
Now back to France, I find that my siblings do not have the opportunity to invest in Vanguard funds. France still has a pretty archaic system of investment instruments, life insurance, bank brokerage, real estate accounts, etc., all geared to lineup the pockets of financial institutions which provide the instruments. The returns are ridiculously low. Unfortunately, there is no easy online system of investing in low cost mutual funds like those offered by Vanguard. The returns that people get in France through the financial instruments available to them are ridiculously low. Macron talked at time to perhaps put in place a financial investment system like in the US. Of course people are still waiting and stuck with what they have and might continue to have for a long time. <br/>
My question: Is there a way for an individual, not necessarily extremely rich in France, to invest directly in Vanguard mutual funds?<br/>
I would like to have for my siblings and other French people the opportunity to invest from France and directly (via internet) in Vanguard mutual funds. <br/>
Thank you to provide some information. Fre</t>