Allied-Signal Stock Certificate

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Watermelonrind

Allied-Signal Stock Certificate

Post by Watermelonrind »

Hello-
I have a stock certificate of Allied-Signal, Inc. (now Honeywell) issued in 1986 in my name but at an old address. I recently contacted the Honeywell transfer agent and gave them all the information on the certificate but they weren’t able to locate any information. I also did a search on missing property/money but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions? I’m assuming that I should have received dividends over the years as well as tax forms from the IRS but never have. I’m also not sure if I need to transfer the stock certificate to Honeywell. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Tallis

Re: Allied-Signal Stock Certificate

Post by Tallis »

My wife was in a similar situation, with a Mattel stock certificate her parents bought her in the 1960s. We have a brokerage account with Schwab, so we took it to the local office. They researched it and found that the shares had escheated to the state of Rhode Island in 1983.
Topic Author
Watermelonrind

Post by Watermelonrind »

Thank you for your response - I hope that hasn’t happened to mine!
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

Is this the transfer agent? Contact Us - Honeywell

Try emailing the VP of Investor Relations. The contact info is by his picture. A VP may not be able to help you directly, but they generally have been around a long time and would know who to contact.

Explain that the transfer agent had no records and ask if he knows anyone who has access to historical ownership info that might not be available online.

Also let him know that you have physical possession of the certificate. How can the information be entered to show you as the owner of record?
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
alex_686

Post by alex_686 »

FYI, Allied-Signal is still (sorta of) Allied-Signal. Allied-Signal bought Honeywell, then changed its name to Honeywell. This may seen like a bit of trivia but it can be a important clue when hunting these things down. The CUSIP and stock certificate number may have remained the same. And technically you would not need to switch over, just re-register.
Former brokerage operations & mutual fund accountant. I hate risk, which is why I study and embrace it.
nolesrule

Post by nolesrule »

It'll get even more complicated next week with the first of two publicly traded spin-offs.