I originally posted back in February a few months after my father passed away. It's taken some time to get everything in order but I wanted to check in and have you folks take a look at my portfolio to make sure everything looks good. Here is how my situation looks today:
Me: 28 years old, unmarried/living with SO, no debt, grossing around $110k/year, live in NYC
Emergency fund: ~$25,000 in a Marcus savings account earning 1.85% APY
Cryptocurrency: I own about $50,000 of cryptocurrency. I sold my principle a long time ago and took some profit off the table.
Other: A few accounts are still going through the probate/estate settlement process. I will receive about $185,000 in cash over the next few months.
Taxable Account at Vanguard
- ~$25,000 cash
- ~$750,000 VFIFX Vanguard Target Retirement 2050 Fund
- ~$5,500 VOE Vanguard Mid-Cap Value ETF
- ~$20,000 VTI Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF
- ~$35,000 SCHF Schwab International Equity ETF
- ~$115,000 VFIFX Vanguard Target Retirement 2050 Fund
- ~$35,000 VFIFX Vanguard Target Retirement 2050 Fund
- ~$225,000 equity in an investment property my dad owned. House is on the market and we're hoping it sells soon.
- ~$25,000 equity in a property another family member lives in. I will take this as a cash payment in the next few months.
- Does this seem like a healthy portfolio? Anything I should change?
- I plan on staying in NYC for the next 5-10 years at least, would it make sense for me to consider buying an apartment instead of continuing to rent? I currently pay about $1800/month in rent.
- I am considering leaving my job and starting a business... how should I think about my portfolio if I make this move? What steps should I take?