Comparing bid/ask spread of two funds?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
asif408

Comparing bid/ask spread of two funds?

Post by asif408 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Just curious if anyone knows a place I can find information on recent average bid ask spreads of two funds to compare? I've been able to find the information for some fund families but not others, and thought maybe there was a place that kept that kind of information. Thanks.

megabad

Re: Comparing bid/ask spread of two funds?

Post by megabad » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:38 pm

asif408 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:23 pm
Just curious if anyone knows a place I can find information on recent average bid ask spreads of two funds to compare? I've been able to find the information for some fund families but not others, and thought maybe there was a place that kept that kind of information. Thanks.
Well I just use Fidelity for any major ETF (sorry Vanguard their website is better) if I am looking at general figures to estimate liquidity. I think you can compare discount for up to 5 funds (and compare other elements too). Some less widely traded ETFs may not show up there though. If I need current numbers I just open IB and watch the trades.

jhfenton

Re: Comparing bid/ask spread of two funds?

Post by jhfenton » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:30 pm

asif408 wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:23 pm
ETF.com should have all the data you're looking for.