Retirement plan Fido Brokeragelink and FZROX and FZILX

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Gleevec

Retirement plan Fido Brokeragelink and FZROX and FZILX

Post by Gleevec » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Has anyone been able to use Fidelity brokeragelink from their work retirement accounts to purchase FZROX and FZILX? I wasnt able and havent had success getting an answer from customer support yet

oldcomputerguy

Re: Retirement plan Fido Brokeragelink and FZROX and FZILX

Post by oldcomputerguy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Gleevec wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:17 pm
Has anyone been able to use Fidelity brokeragelink from their work retirement accounts to purchase FZROX and FZILX? I wasnt able and havent had success getting an answer from customer support yet
Brokeragelink is part of your retirement plan. According to Fidelity, "Shares of funds are generally available only to individual retail investors who purchase their shares through a Fidelity brokerage account." This would seem to mean that these funds are not available through retirement plans.
It’s taken me a lot of years, but I’ve come around to this: If you’re dumb, surround yourself with smart people. And if you’re smart, surround yourself with smart people who disagree with you.

Gleevec

Post by Gleevec » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:13 pm

Ah OK, thanks for explaining, was hoping brokeragelink was a workaround but turns out not

Ice-9

Post by Ice-9 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:20 pm

About an hour ago, I called Fidelity and asked the same question. I can verify, we can't buy the Zero funds in BrokerageLink. However, I was pleasantly surprised that all of my Fidelity index funds have at least had their expense ratios go down considerably.

nix4me

Post by nix4me » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:06 pm

I did. I bought FZROX in my Brokeragelink which is linked to my 401K. Did it a month ago, beginning of October.

F150HD

Post by F150HD » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Interesting....toyed w/ using one or both of them in my Brokeragelink but was waiting to see how things developed as they were new.

Related question

FSMAX - Fidelity® Extended Market Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class ER 0.045%

vs

FSMDX - Fidelity® Mid Cap Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class ER 0.025%

FSSNX - Fidelity® Small Cap Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class ER 0.025%

Trying to figure out why the Extended Market Fund has a higher ER then the Small and Mid, as Extended Market is made up of these 2, correct? :confused

(Note - this is after the fund 'conversions' Fidelity has been doing. These are the final ERs.)