street shares

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
barberakb

street shares

Post by barberakb »

https://streetshares.com/

Has anyone invested in these?

Just curious on your thoughts if you have.

I am in the military and like the idea of supporting veterans and making a little money at the same time, but the boglehead in me is skeptical...

Thanks
BoglePaul

Re: street shares

Post by BoglePaul »

I am an investor in StreetShares. USAA has currently partnered with StreetShares to provide small business loans. That is a pretty huge stamp of approval.
https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Money-M ... a-p/184075

The street shares notes pay 5%, all while investing in Veteran owned businesses.
https://streetshares.com/landing/veteran-business-bonds
whodidntante

Post by whodidntante »

I'm not familiar, but I did notice they have liquidity gates though they aren't terrible.

Access your money anytime for a 1% fee*
After 1 year, withdraw with no fee or keep your money at work
*For withdrawals of more than $50,000 StreetShares may take up to 30 days to process the payment and remit the funds to your bank account.
AlohaJoe

Post by AlohaJoe »

BoglePaul wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:20 pm I am an investor in StreetShares. USAA has currently partnered with StreetShares to provide small business loans. That is a pretty huge stamp of approval.
USAA has also partnered with CoinBase. Do you see that as a huge stamp of approval to start investing in Bitcoin?
JoMoney

Post by JoMoney »

5% sounds good if this is guaranteed.
It sounds a bit low if these are essentially high credit risk business loans.
hmm...
...StreetShares cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Site and/or the Service, including any particular rates of return for Investor Members or the funding of or particular interest rates for loans requested by Business Borrower Members...
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham
BoglePaul

Post by BoglePaul »

AlohaJoe wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 am
BoglePaul wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:20 pm I am an investor in StreetShares. USAA has currently partnered with StreetShares to provide small business loans. That is a pretty huge stamp of approval.
USAA has also partnered with CoinBase. Do you see that as a huge stamp of approval to start investing in Bitcoin?
Maybe a stamp of approval to start selling Bitcoin.