Personal Capital accounts problems...just me? good alternatives?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
AndMan

Personal Capital accounts problems...just me? good alternatives?

Post by AndMan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 pm

I started off with Mint, really liked the idea of checking on all our holdings regularly. Then I moved to personal capital and really prefer it. Problem is I have been having a lot of issues with it not syncing with my accounts for the past few months. I have 3-4 accounts that are not syncing including my fidelity 401 accounts from work (hasnt synced since march meanwhile my wife's does), earnest, and periodically having issues with american funds and our credit union. Their costumer support tried to help but couldnt figure anything out. Meanwhile mint has worked fine this whole time.

Anyone else having these issues? Are there any other good alternatives from these two? Thanks!

mhalley

Re: Personal Capital accounts problems...just me? good alternatives?

Post by mhalley » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:39 am

You might try sigfig.

https://www.sigfig.com/site/

bogleblitz

Post by bogleblitz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 am

for accounts not syncing, delete them and add them back. You can also login to the real fidelity 401k site and try changing passwords.

I think personal capital, mint, and all others uses the same sync technology in the back.

financeforthefamily

Post by financeforthefamily » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:41 am

I have used Mint, but love the Personal capital interface. I face the same issues with PC....some accounts connect, then disconnect. I delete and reconnect, then another disconnects.

Mint has always been stable, so I just use that to track my accounts. I’d rather have limited accurate data, than fancy graphs based on flawed data.

queso

Post by queso » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 am

+1. I had a couple that would just never reliably sync so I converted them to manual holdings and just update them myself periodically. I haven't found anything else I like better so far so I'm sticking with PC for now.

sapper1371

Post by sapper1371 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:41 am

queso wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:10 am
+1. I had a couple that would just never reliably sync so I converted them to manual holdings and just update them myself periodically. I haven't found anything else I like better so far so I'm sticking with PC for now.
Same here.

deltaneutral83

Post by deltaneutral83 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:47 am

Your credit union may not grant access for personal capital to sync, mine doesn't, and there's nothing I can do about it. I add a manual account at the bottom and update it once a quarter with the money I keep at my credit union.

Oddball

Post by Oddball » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:46 pm

I had issues with one account not syncing up and the issue was with the online bank account itself, I had to set-up the account, on the bank site, to allow PC access. Did you look at the troubleshooting on the PC site?

AndMan

Post by AndMan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:52 am

i did look into troubleshoot on their site, have been in discussions with their IT, and tried removing and re-adding the accounts all without luck. Meanwhile Mint continues to sync just fine

student

Post by student » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:54 am

How many accounts do you have? I personally do not like to give them the password. I update it manually. It only takes a few minutes.