Qualified investments....

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
MrPotatoHead

Qualified investments....

Post by MrPotatoHead »

Edited per suggestion below:

Does anyone have a website, clearing house they use for locating investment opportunities for qualified investors(Rule 506 of Regulation D)?

The two offerings I currently have are maturing and being liquidated this year. I no longer have the contacts I once had nor do I incentivize people to do business with me they way I did in the past. To be clear I am looking for a lead someone has used vs the website de'jour.
Last edited by MrPotatoHead on Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bloom2708

Re: Qualified investments....

Post by bloom2708 »

I think you are going to have to click the Edit/Pencil and explain your request more.

I don't tend to know 25% of anything, but I'm not sure what you are talking about.

There are Qualified Dividends. A Qualified account is tax-advantaged perhaps. Like a Solo 401k or Roth IRA.

I'm stumped.
"We are here to provoke thoughtfulness, not agree with you." Unknown Boglehead
megabad

Post by megabad »

This is purely anecdotal as I don't have expertise in this area. Most of the accredited investor hype now appears to be around crowd funded venture capital/private equity for the non-super rich. There are zillions of sites now, and I like the general idea behind it because you might be able to diversify and stagger your investments across a number of smaller pots instead of locking up one single huge slice for years. I don't hear as much about the typical closed end/hedge type stuff anymore. I have never been on the hedge fund/private equity/LBO/venture cap bandwagon so I don't know any details and I don't regularly hang out with folks that are much beyond the minimum requirements for these types of holdings.
BogleDan

Post by BogleDan »

It's an interesting question. I don't know of any clearinghouses for the type of thing you're talking about: opportunities for accredited investors. However, I'm sure a financial advisor could come up with some ideas for you (for a fee).

Alternatively, you could go to a place like BiggerPockets and network there for real estate opportunities. Many real estate syndicates can only use qualified/accredited investors to the best of my knowledge.
Topic Author
MrPotatoHead

Post by MrPotatoHead »

BogleDan wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:46 pm Many real estate syndicates can only use qualified/accredited investors to the best of my knowledge.
Yes, that is what I currently hold, but they are on autopilot to liquidate. : (
Valuethinker

Post by Valuethinker »

megabad wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:14 pm This is purely anecdotal as I don't have expertise in this area. Most of the accredited investor hype now appears to be around crowd funded venture capital/private equity for the non-super rich. There are zillions of sites now, and I like the general idea behind it because you might be able to diversify and stagger your investments across a number of smaller pots instead of locking up one single huge slice for years. I don't hear as much about the typical closed end/hedge type stuff anymore. I have never been on the hedge fund/private equity/LBO/venture cap bandwagon so I don't know any details and I don't regularly hang out with folks that are much beyond the minimum requirements for these types of holdings.
The UK is different but we have some similar concepts.

I am about to exit, maybe, an 18 year old investment. Lost about 90% of value (dot com bubble valuation at entry). The team is good, they have stuck with the business through thick and thin and 2 very bad recessions.

So one is in for the long haul -- in keeping records if nothing else.

I would have done better simply to buy the equivalent of the Vanguard total world fund and sat on it for 18 years.