Emergency funds: 6 - 12 Month Savings
Debt: No Debt
Tax Filing Status: Single
Tax Rate: 22% Federal, 6.27% State
State of Residence: WI
Current retirement assets
1% Vanguard S&P Index 500 ETF (VOO, ER: .04)
4% Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI, ER:.04)
4% Vanguard Large Cap ETF (VV, ER: .05)
48% Vanguard Target Retirement 2055 Fund (VFFVX) (Standard Traditional 401k) Company match: 3.5%
30% Vanguard Target Retirement 2055 Fund (VFFVX) (Expense Ratio: .15)
3% Not invested
New annual Contributions
- Max 401k (excludes 6% employer match)
- Max Roth IRA
- Max H.S.A and when I have enough saved up to lower the $2.90 monthly fee invest in
- 50% Vanguard Total Stock Market Instl (VITSX)
- 50% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Admiral (VBTLX)
- Max company ESPP discount (10% discount) and then sell after 1 year
- Lump sum any extra cash into VTI and VV
1. How am I doing?
2. Am I better off not investing in the company’s ESPP program and just investing in VTI and VV instead?
2.1 Any strategies you’d recommend when it comes to ESPPs?
3. Any other recommendations?