Hashgraph

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
pgs59

Hashgraph

Post by pgs59 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:42 pm

I've recently heard a lot of hype. Supposedly "better" than block chain, etc. etc. Anybody have any insight?

CaliJim

Re: Hashgraph

Post by CaliJim » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:46 am

I took a quick look. I'm not impressed.

One: I DONT WANT EVERY COMPUTER IN THE NETWORK TO KEEP A LEDGER WITH MY TRANSACTIONS IN IT. Even if it is pseudo-anonymous or anonymous.

I like the type of money where I can give you money, and you give me the car/bike/flower/hamburger/service..whatever.... and it can just be between you and me, or you, me, and our local banks as intermediaries if convenient. Our little transaction doesn't need to be an internet-wide thing.
...."Here... dear daughter... is a little extra cash, don't tell mom"....
You mow my grass. I give you $20.
Done.

Call me old-school, but a type of currency that requires EVERY COMPUTER IN THE NETWORK to gossip about my silly transactions is silly.

Now... how credit card companies, banks and other financial institutions want to record financial transactions... IMHO... that's up to them and the gov'ner to figure out, audit, and secure. And I'm sure these mechanisms will change over time. A century ago it was courriors and stage coaches. Then it evolved through frame relay and x.25 and swift to the internet, and now we have Zelle.

If they, the banks, can't make it simple and reliable, they can answer to the market. If they want to use hashgraph, block-chain, carrier pigeons to communicate... I don't care... long as they agree with me about how much money they are holding for me and can transfer it on demand.

Don't confuse the technology/method /process with specie. Something bad happens with the ledger system becomes identical with the money itself.
-calijim- | | For more info, click this Wiki

prudent

Re: Hashgraph

Post by prudent » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 am

Topic is locked (not investing related).