Alternatives to Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT) [Netherlands]

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
forge

Alternatives to Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT) [Netherlands]

Post by forge » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:50 am

Hi,

Due to a recent European ruling providers of investment products are now required to supply key information for investors in Dutch. As a result I'm currently not able to invest in funds / ETF's listed in the US via my broker De Giro. That's why I'm looking for an alternative for Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT) that I can use for my monthly investments.

After doing some research I came across iShares Core MSCI World UCITS ETF ($IWDA). The expense ratio is different but the assets look similar. I'm hoping someone here can help me verify if this is the one to go with or can direct me to a better option? :D

Thanks a million!

I don't know if this topic has already been discussed here. If so, sorry for the repost. :happy

BeBH65

Re: Alternatives to Vanguard Total World Stock ETF (VT) [Netherlands]

Post by BeBH65 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:44 am

Ishares core MSCI world ETF (IWDA) is often mentioned as a a good core fund for world equities for this to whom US funds are no good: 0.20%, can be bought directly in euro (no currcny Exchange costs), contains Large and Mid caps of the 23 developed markets.

Another alternative is the European Vanguard FTSE world (VWRL): available in Euro, contains developed and emerging markets, ER of 0.25%

If you desire you can supplement the fist fund with an emerging markets fund like Ishares core Emerging markets (EMIM).

In general you will not find funds with ER as low as in the US. Have a look at the other threads for non-US investors.
BeBH65. (only an investment enthusiast, not a financial adviser, perform your due diligence).

forge

Post by forge » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Thank you for the swift reply! :happy Based on feedback I got from other people after sharing this on Twitter $VWRL sounds like the one to go with (for Dutchies).

galeno

Post by galeno » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Our only equity ETF is VWRD which is the USD version of VWRL. Check out the non-USA section of vanguard.com and i-shares.com for ideas for Euro denominated bonds.
AA = 40/55/5. Expected CAGR = 3.8%. GSD (5y) = 6.2%. USD inflation (10 y) = 1.8%. AWR = 4.0%. TER = 0.4%. Port Yield = 2.82%. Term = 33 yr. FI Duration = 6.0 yr. Portfolio survival probability = 95%.