1031 Exchange

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Rajsx

1031 Exchange

Post by Rajsx » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:36 am

We are working on an offer to sell our rental medical office building, & I am thinking in advance(counting Eggs before they are hatched) how to spend 730k, which we will clear after the selling costs in about 6 weeks.

We are ambivalent about 1031 Exchange into other passive commercial investments, or just paying the recapture & cap gains & get out of the real estate. I am reading about this 1031 Exchange, as I am totally new to this .

I understand Real Estate will be a good diversifier to our Index Stock & Bond Mutual Fund Portfolio, but am unable to figure out how to go about it. Whom to call, who to trust with our money, how to avoid Sharks, are there any ratings of the companies or is it crap shoot ?

All companies as expected profess they are best at the Exchange Investments & all have Big Buildings on their Websites.

I wonder if any one on the Forum has gone through this 1031 situation & may throw light on it. I think we have 6 months to act for the Exchange.<br/>

Thanking you in advance.
We do not stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing !!

EHoops

Re: 1031 Exchange

Post by EHoops » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:25 am

Hi,

Congrats...I hope it works out. You may want to check out the Bigger Pockets site to gather ideas about 1031s...it’s a real estate-specific place with helpful people.