Need help for the portfolio

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Curious investor1234

Need help for the portfolio

Post by Curious investor1234 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi I am 34 years old and thinking to do long term investment in a taxable account. I am planning to use vanguard. Please advise regarding the fund allocation and which vanguard funds to use. I am planning to invest in next 2-3 weeks. Also would it be the good time to invest in these funds or shall I wait longer?

BolderBoy

Re: Need help for the portfolio

Post by BolderBoy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:13 pm

Curious investor1234 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:13 pm
Hi I am 34 years old and thinking to do long term investment in a taxable account. I am planning to use vanguard. Please advise regarding the fund allocation and which vanguard funds to use. I am planning to invest in next 2-3 weeks. Also would it be the good time to invest in these funds or shall I wait longer?
You'll get better answers if you post your info in this format: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6212
"Never underestimate one's capacity to overestimate one's abilities" - The Dunning-Kruger Effect

Rom1b

Re: Need help for the portfolio

Post by Rom1b » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:36 am

Hi Curious,

Welcome. The forum is full of useful information that should adress your questions quickly and efficiently;

For example here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7353

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=88005

As if it is a good time ? We dont have a crystal ball but : stocks are very 'volatile' now, but it seems we just had (have ?) a 'correction' - meaning perhaps it is a good time to jump in (or at least dip a toe) at a lower price.
Or you wait a while or do 'Dollar Cost Averaging', ie. invest in the course of a few weeks or months, or part this year part in a year or two.
My personal feeling is : it is a good time, but dont go all at once. Also and still, one of your highest risks is that you wont read the 2 threads above or my reply, and will go back to your daily activities and NOT invest anything (?).
Which would be a pity because you're young and there could be huge benefits to you starting early

Good luck and all the best,
Dr Bernstein - If You Can / free PDF, google it | 3Fund Portfolio www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=88005 | CollectiveThought www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7353