Platform for monthly investing in funds or ETFS - For Europeans

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
MountainTop

Platform for monthly investing in funds or ETFS - For Europeans

Post by MountainTop » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:03 am

I'm looking to invest monthly into funds or ETFs. I want this to be done automatically. I haven't found the right platform that can do this yet.

Any platform suggestions for Europeans that can do this?

A nice bonus would be if it could auto re-balance on rules based also -- once per year or what have you.

But anything that could do the former (with low expenses) and is accessible for EU people would be great.

Mors

Re: Platform for monthly investing in funds or ETFS - For Europeans

Post by Mors » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 am

Do you want a robo-advisor? They exist, but they are usually pretty expensive. ETFmatic has decent pricing, but in the end I would rather go with a simple portfolio from a cheap broker, like Degiro.

Here is a list.

http://robo-advisors.eu/

Rom1b

Post by Rom1b » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi,

At least here in Germany many brokers offer the possibility to invest a pre-defined amount of money, on a monthls basis, with no cost ('Sparpläne');

Such brokers are:
-OnVista
-ING DiBa
-De Giro?
and probably others

Greetings
Dr Bernstein - If You Can / free PDF, google it | 3Fund Portfolio www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=88005 | CollectiveThought www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7353

alpine_boglehead

Post by alpine_boglehead » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Mors wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 am
Do you want a robo-advisor? They exist, but they are usually pretty expensive. ETFmatic has decent pricing, but in the end I would rather go with a simple portfolio from a cheap broker, like Degiro.

Here is a list.

Interesting that there's already that many robo-advisors in Europe, thanks for posting.
But the fees of most are ridiculous, a 0.5% to 1% AUM fee nullifies the low-cost advantage of ETFs.

Mors

Post by Mors » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:48 pm

alpine_boglehead wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:59 pm
Mors wrote:

Here is a list.

Interesting that there's already that many robo-advisors in Europe, thanks for posting.
But the fees of most are ridiculous, a 0.5% to 1% AUM fee nullifies the low-cost advantage of ETFs.
I agree, although they are still better than actively managed funds with 2% ER that underperform their index, which are not uncommon in many European countries, so they serve a purpose. The ones that have basic DIY knowledge can definitely do better though, which is not so clear cut the case with the cheaper US robo advisors when they tax-loss harvest.

alpine_boglehead

Post by alpine_boglehead » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Mors wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:48 pm
alpine_boglehead wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:59 pm
Mors wrote:

Here is a list.

I agree, although they are still better than actively managed funds with 2% ER that underperform their index, which are not uncommon in many European countries, so they serve a purpose. The ones that have basic DIY knowledge can definitely do better though, which is not so clear cut the case with the cheaper US robo advisors when they tax-loss harvest.
Yes, and I hopefully competition stays tough while the market and the companies grows, that should drive down fees.

Perhaps someone founds a robo-advisor that is owned by the customers (like Vanguard's shareholders own Vanguard in the US) :)