phone call with Fidelity retirement relationship manager

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
bogleblitz

phone call with Fidelity retirement relationship manager

Post by bogleblitz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Did anyone ever get a phone call from fidelity retirement relationship manager about their 401k?

Are they reliable or just trying to sell me stuff? They recommend me to see a fidelity financial advisor in a nearby local office. Did my 401k portfolio start to get big enough for them to call me yearly?

J295

Re: phone call with Fidelity retirement relationship manager

Post by J295 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 pm

We get a call once per year. I’ve never had an in person or telephone conference. If I have a problem though, I reach out to my representative and they handle it promptly. Also, I have asked for reimbursement for TurboTax purchases and they have provided it.

Tyler Aspect

Post by Tyler Aspect » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:09 pm

I imagine they will try to sign you up with their advisor service. I have received some emails from Fidelity with firm messages such as "Check up your investment now" but I just ignored them.
Past result does not predict future performance. Mentioned investments may lose money. Contents are presented "AS IS" and any implied suitability for a particular purpose are disclaimed.

Mitchell777

Post by Mitchell777 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:25 pm

I asked about these calls last year. Apparently they have a rep that calls either once or twice per year. Probably twice in my case because he called again a month or two ago. I did not return the call as I needed no help.

Big Dog

Post by Big Dog » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm

for several years, I used to get a call from Fidelity just inquiring if I needed any assistance or had any investment questions. The last time they called, I said, no and no, I was a proud Boglehead and asked that I not be called anymore. The Rep said, 'sure, no problem. I'll mark it down in the file that you prefer to do your own investments and not to call.'

Haven't heard from them since. But I didn't get any free TurboTax either . :annoyed

jimcrawford01

Post by jimcrawford01 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:06 pm

When Fido calls, I ask them about Jeff Vinik and the Magellan Fund.

The response is typically, "but we didn't do anything illegal."

Perhaps, but it still cost $10 million to settle the class action lawsuit. Not likely that Abigail or Ned reached into their own pockets to pay that.

Mr Bogle and Vanguard have set a much higher standard which has earned my loyalty for more than 40 years. Fido ... not so much.