New Year, New Milestone

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
katzmandu

New Year, New Milestone

Post by katzmandu » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Like many posts on Bogleheads before me, who else am I going to tell but the folks on here?

Finally made it up to 500k+ NW and total investments in the market. Great way to start the new year. Been quite a slog since I found other early retirement sites a few years ago which eventually led me to this community and started the process of righting the ship and making smarter/better investment decisions.

My milestone, humble though it may be, is the shared success of everyone on here who post great advice, encourage one another to stay the course (and me actually listening to and actioning it), all while being quite civil to each other

No idea if I'll go above or below this number a few times on my journey ahead, but wanted to thank everyone for their own contribution to this milestone. Here's to a great 2018.

Broken Man 1999

Re: New Year, New Milestone

Post by Broken Man 1999 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:30 pm

Congrats on your accomplishment!

I would heartily agree you are likely to go over and under this level, but eventually you'll reach the next milestone.

Few investors have only positive, upward net worth, often there is giveback. Don't be discouraged if it happens, just stay the course and keep to your plan.

Best wishes to you as well; I would LOVE to have a repeat of the 2017 market! Dare we hope?????

Broken Man 1999
“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go. " -Mark Twain

katzmandu

Re: New Year, New Milestone

Post by katzmandu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:51 am

I never assume market returns before they are given. 2017 was great....not 2013 great, but great nonetheless

I'm aware of the ups and downs which is why an intelligent allocation that I can sleep at night with is fine with me. Stick to the plan and it should turn out OK, all else being equal.

Wishing you and anyone else who reads this a prosperous 2018