Bogleheads APP?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
tman9940

Bogleheads APP?

Post by tman9940 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Are there any plans to make a Bogleheads app?

livesoft

Re: Bogleheads APP?

Post by livesoft » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Noobvestor posted about one in this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=877422#p877422
This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.

JoMoney

Post by JoMoney » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:48 pm

I know nothing about any of them, but if you search Google Play/Store for "phpBB" you can find third-party apps to use with forums that run phpBB forum software, like Bogleheads does.
"To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks." - Benjamin Graham

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:22 pm

There's no added functionality that an app would have over what's done now. The forum's style / skin is responsive and works well on a mobile device. (We're not going to change it.)

I'm betting you want one-press access from your mobile's home screen. How? Just put a bookmark on your home screen. Easy. Done.

A lot of browsers can do that. See: browser set bookmark home screen - Google Search

To view your posts, bookmark: Your posts. If you're not already logged in, the software will prompt you for the info.
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

The Wizard

Post by The Wizard » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:19 pm

LadyGeek wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:22 pm
There's no added functionality that an app would have over what's done now. The forum's style / skin is responsive and works well on a mobile device. (We're not going to change it.)...
I agree.
I access the BH forum on my Android smartphone 97% of the time and it works fine.
I just stay logged in all the time in a Chrome window, so no need for a fingerprint login function...
Attempted new signature...