Asset allocation software/site recommendations?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
simas

Asset allocation software/site recommendations?

Post by simas » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:22 pm

I typically use Personal Capital for account monitoring as it is free and very convenient.
However personal capital does not have an option for me to include one of the bank account cash as part of portfolio review for things like asset allocation.

Rather than figuring it out manually, what do others use for asset allocation? Previously (long time ago) I played with Morningstar X-ray, fidelity GPS, etc.

Jermbo

Re: Asset allocation software/site recommendations?

Post by Jermbo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:11 am

I am a big personal capital user for budgeting and snapshot of investments. However to get a nice picture of your allocation in each category of stocks, bonds and cash I like this google spreadsheet as an adder for tracking.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.doughr ... sheet/amp/

It's a somewhat manual but simple aggregation of all accounts/funds. I like the view since I can tell it vtsax is all us domestic stock vs how personal capital aggregates as a small percent to REIT. I don't care to look at it that way and I just want to know what is in domestic, international and bond for rebalancing purposes. Knowing how much is in cash can be entered too.