United Income

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
tman9999

United Income

Post by tman9999 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:33 am

http://www.investmentnews.com/article/2 ... calculator. Morningstar to buy United income

I know this was discussed in a thread back in May. This article does a good job of explaining a little more about the data strategy that is going to be used with this investment product. It seems to me like an interesting approach that has some value, particularly with the uncertainty around longevity that everyone acknowledges is a growing concern.

I'm trying to figure out what to do when in three years or so we retire from our full time jobs. I'm using a robo that I'm very happy with. Includes TLH, regular rebalance, and nearly zero annual fee (I got in early stage of a startup). Where I need help is modeling my drawdown curve, the complexities of which this article does a nice job of describing. Wondering if a fee-only CFP might be worth paying to take a look and help me get set up for the 40-year drawdown roller coaster that I anticipate will start once I pull the plug on W2 income. Thoughts?