Help with my new Rollover IRA

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
pjskater

Help with my new Rollover IRA

Post by pjskater »

I will receive my rollover assets form my previous employer 401K and would like to confirm my decision about my asset allocation. I'm an aggressive 56 your old investor looking to retire at 65 (home will be paid off). I feel like I'm behind (100% equities) I have a lot of stomach for risk but do not wish to be stupid.

Debt-200K on home valued at 550K 10 yrs left at 2.99%. No other debt.
4 months emergency fund.
Will probably be adding another 5K a year in new money.

700K to deploy in new IRA, the allocation here is similar to the 401K deployment over the past 4-5 years

45% VTSMX
12% VIMAX
12% VSCIX
20 VTSNX
Remaining 11% in bonds but not sure where to go there, my 401k was 100% in equities until now. (10 years from retirement)
Avo

Re: Help with my new Rollover IRA

Post by Avo »

Welcome to the forum!

Please write out the names of the funds, few here bother to memorize ticker symbols.

89% equities is very aggressive. If they go down in value 50% tomorrow, what do you think you will do?
Topic Author
pjskater

Post by pjskater »

I will receive my rollover assets form my previous employer 401K and would like to confirm my decision about my asset allocation. I'm an aggressive 56 your old investor looking to retire at 65 (home will be paid off). I feel like I'm behind (100% equities) I have a lot of stomach for risk but do not wish to be stupid.

Debt-200K on home valued at 550K 10 yrs left at 2.99%. No other debt.
4 months emergency fund.
Will probably be adding another 5K a year in new money.

700K to deploy in new IRA, the allocation here is similar to the 401K deployment over the past 4-5 years

45% VTSMX Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund Investor
12% VIMAX Vanguard Mid-Cap Index Fund Admiral Shares
12% VSCIX Vanguard Small-Cap Index Fund Institutional Shares
20% VTSNX Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund

Remaining 11% in bonds but not sure where to go there, my 401k was 100% in equities until now. (10 years from retirement)
Topic Author
pjskater

Post by pjskater »

If they go down in value 50% tomorrow, what do you think you will do?

With 10 years in front of me I would do the same thing I did in 2008, sit tight and continue to buy as the Market falls.