Quick: A tool to help with allocation and rebalancing

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
keaton

Quick: A tool to help with allocation and rebalancing

Post by keaton » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:55 am

I have been searching around and can't seem to find a simple percentage calculator for asset allocation. I am about to start adding international and wanted to know how much to buy to meet my desired percentage. I can just buy until vangaurd calculator is correct, but that doesn't seem efficient.

Thanks!

BolderBoy

Re: Quick: A tool to help with allocation and rebalancing

Post by BolderBoy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:58 am

keaton wrote:I have been searching around and can't seem to find a simple percentage calculator for asset allocation. I am about to start adding international and wanted to know how much to buy to meet my desired percentage. I can just buy until vangaurd calculator is correct, but that doesn't seem efficient.

Thanks!
What are your desired percentages and maybe someone will walk you through how to do it?
"Never underestimate one's capacity to overestimate one's abilities" - The Dunning-Kruger Effect

whonoze

Re: Quick: A tool to help with allocation and rebalancing

Post by whonoze » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:09 am

keaton wrote:I have been searching around and can't seem to find a simple percentage calculator for asset allocation. I am about to start adding international and wanted to know how much to buy to meet my desired percentage. I can just buy until vangaurd calculator is correct, but that doesn't seem efficient.

Thanks!
There are multiple calculators available on the wiki. Several do exactly what you're looking for.:
https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Tools_and_calculators
Just my two cents | Worth about what two cents can buy nowadays