moatvalueinvesting.com - worthiness?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
eager to learn

moatvalueinvesting.com - worthiness?

Post by eager to learn »

Hi Folks,

I know we all love Vanguard and Index investing but say you had a small amount of money to invest (maybe to teach your kids about how to evaluate a company’s finances not just for investing but in recruiting the right execs for a business, a company’s or a NPO board) I’m wondering if you’ve found moatvalueinvesting.com helpful?

I’m not interested in investing in GM but I share it here as just an example of the type of info they share as a snapshot of a co’s finances.

http://moatvalueinvesting.com/2017/04/2 ... per-share/

Perhaps, you've found better tools/sites which share better/more details in a snapshot?

Thanks so much for your thoughts.
mhalley

Re: moatvalueinvesting.com - worthiness?

Post by mhalley »

I guess that is one of the thing you have to come up with when you pick stocks: how are you going to pick them?
Buy a sub to a newsletter?
Paid website?
Cramer?
Gut Feeling?
Everyone else loves it so I will too (aapl, fang)
See what buffet just bought?
Personal observation? Every time I go to Chipoltle the line is long, so I will buy it.
Value Line?
News headline? Gun stocks seem to go up after a mass shooting.
Motley Fool?
Listen to a bunch of conference calls?
Follow upgrades by analysts?
Technical analysis?
Astrology?
Monkeys throwing darts always seems to do well.
Last edited by mhalley on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avo

Re: moatvalueinvesting.com - worthiness?

Post by Avo »

eager to learn wrote:say you had a small amount of money to invest (maybe to teach your kids about how to evaluate a company’s finances not just for investing but in recruiting the right execs for a business, a company’s or a NPO board)
How old are these kids?? :confused