Critique my portfolio rebalance model (Excel)

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Keepcalm

Critique my portfolio rebalance model (Excel)

Post by Keepcalm »

If some of you are interested and have a few minutes. Looking for a few extra set of eyes to look over the model I made and look for errors etc and just let me know overall your thoughts.

I actually found this model online (the design) and the calculations were all wrong. So I remade from scratch with the correct formula's and a little bit of a design difference.

Thanks and feel free to use it!

If theres a better alternative to getting this online so people can view it without downloading it let me know. I know and understand some do not like to to download files.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 9748414214

Thanks in advance. Spent some time on this so excited to hear thoughts/opinions.
whodidntante

Re: Critique my portfolio rebalance model (Excel)

Post by whodidntante »

If it's just formulas and not macros you should be able to convert it to Google Sheets with very little effort. A lot of people (myself included) aren't going to open an Excel file from a poster on a financial forum.
Topic Author
Keepcalm

Post by Keepcalm »

whodidntante wrote:If it's just formulas and not macros you should be able to convert it to Google Sheets with very little effort. A lot of people (myself included) aren't going to open an Excel file from a poster on a financial forum.
Just gave that a try, the visual formatting is all messed up in Sheets, text not aligned etc. Ill try to see if I can clean it up.
Topic Author
Keepcalm

Post by Keepcalm »

Could a mod just delete this post then. No since in having it if no ones going to open it (which I understand).
AlohaJoe

Post by AlohaJoe »

Keepcalm wrote:Could a mod just delete this post then. No since in having it if no ones going to open it (which I understand).
That's not necessary. Some people will open up Excel files here. Many very well known Boglehead resources are provided as XLS.
c078342

Post by c078342 »

I don't know about Excel security. But I expect y our concerns are overblown. But I do know Sheets can't hold a candle to Excel. Office 365, not just Excel, but Word and Powerpoint and more is $99 per year and can be loaded on 5 PCs. If you are doing anything more than basic data or financial analysis, buy it. That's $1.65 / month / computer. Well spent.