Does Vanguard's pie chart reflect mixed funds?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
Admiral

Does Vanguard's pie chart reflect mixed funds?

Post by Admiral »

Does anyone know if the pie chart and accompanying text that shows one's asset allocation accounts (in some way) for funds like Wellesley (to take one example) that have both equity and bond components?

I'm trying to determine how far off from my AA I am, but I'm unclear at what I am truly looking at.

For example: For an account that has $1m but includes $100k of Wellesley, does the chart take into account that 61% of that 100k is bonds?

Thanks.
Fudgie

Re: Does Vanguard's pie chart reflect mixed funds?

Post by Fudgie »

:oops:
Last edited by Fudgie on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
whaleknives

Post by whaleknives »

Admiral wrote:. . . For an account that has $1m but includes $100k of Wellesley, does the chart take into account that 61% of that 100k is bonds?Thanks.
You might be able to check this more easily by changing from the default "My Account View" to an individual account with Wellesley.
"I'm an indexer. I own the market. And I'm happy." (John Bogle, "BusinessWeek", 8/17/07) ☕ Maritime signal flag W - Whiskey: "I require medical assistance."
goingup

Post by goingup »

Yes, dig a little deeper past the pie chart and you'll see exactly (to the dollar) how much bonds and stocks you're holding.
Topic Author
Admiral

Post by Admiral »

Thanks all for responses!
PFInterest

Post by PFInterest »

yes, it breaks it down for you.