Did TD Ameritrade raise the IRA minimum purchase for the NL/NTF mutual funds in the past few years?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
HenryPorter

Did TD Ameritrade raise the IRA minimum purchase for the NL/NTF mutual funds in the past few years?

Postby HenryPorter » Thu May 18, 2017 11:30 pm

I have a Roth account at TDA and purchased a a few of the lower cost mutual funds through them a few years ago and DCA'd into thereafter. The funds in question are PREIX and PBDIX. I swear they had ~ $100 to $250 minimum initial purchase requirements a few years ago with additional purchases of $1 minimum ( at least when I DCA'd into them I was putting in maybe $10 - $25 at a time). Now, not so much that these funds are a problem, but I wonder if they increased minimums across the board for all their no-load, no transaction fee mutual funds.

gtwhitegold

Re: Did TD Ameritrade raise the IRA minimum purchase for the NL/NTF mutual funds in the past few years?

Postby gtwhitegold » Fri May 19, 2017 6:01 am

I've never seen TD Ameritrade with minimums that low. Sounds more like Schwab.

NHRATA01

Re: Did TD Ameritrade raise the IRA minimum purchase for the NL/NTF mutual funds in the past few years?

Postby NHRATA01 » Fri May 19, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah I don't recall it being that low. I've used PDRGX for a few years now through them and I thought the initial minimum was at least $1500 (I see it say $2500 now).

Strangely enough, I see the minimum additions are $100. But I recently added $91.77 (transfer of rewards points from a TDA Visa card). Can't figure that one out.

Return to “Investing - Help with Personal Investments”