Reached 50% of my "number" today

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
User avatar
baw703916
Posts: 6538
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Seattle

Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby baw703916 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 pm

FWIW, I reached one-third a little over 4 years ago.

Just thought this was an appropriate time to say thanks to all the Bogleheads who have given me good advice over the years.
Most of my posts assume no behavioral errors.

User avatar
whodidntante
Posts: 1448
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:11 pm

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby whodidntante » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm

:sharebeer

User avatar
stemikger
Posts: 4220
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:02 am

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby stemikger » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 pm

:sharebeer

Keep it up!!
Press on Regardless!!!

LukeHeinz57
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby LukeHeinz57 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:12 am

Cheers and Congrats! :beer

I'm 1/3 of the way there myself. Maybe in four years, I'll be halfway to the goal too!
"Contentment", the only thing you ever truly need more of!

User avatar
8foot7
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby 8foot7 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am

Congrats! Go get a nice steak and grill it. :sharebeer

User avatar
baw703916
Posts: 6538
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby baw703916 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Of course, today the markets are down somewhat, so I'm probably no longer about 50%!

I guess I should panic sell and start market timing! 8-)

(just kidding!)
Most of my posts assume no behavioral errors.

lostdog
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:15 pm

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby lostdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm

:sharebeer

Congratulations!

User avatar
White Coat Investor
Posts: 12555
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Greatest Snow On Earth

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby White Coat Investor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Second half goes a lot faster than the first half!
1) Invest you must 2) Time is your friend 3) Impulse is your enemy | 4) Basic arithmetic works 5) Stick to simplicity 6) Stay the course

icefr
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:50 am

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby icefr » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:39 am

Congrats! I hit 50% for the first time last spring. I went back under 50% in the summer/fall and haven't quite re-hit 50% again, but that's life and I'm still close :)

User avatar
BolderBoy
Posts: 2744
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby BolderBoy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:31 am

White Coat Investor wrote:Second half goes a lot faster than the first half!

I'll add my congratulations and I completely agree with WCI's sentiment above!
“Where you stand, depends on where you sit” - Rufus Miles | "Never underestimate one's capacity to overestimate one's abilities"

bubbadog
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby bubbadog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:45 am

Congrats!

User avatar
grap0013
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby grap0013 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 am

Nice dude!! Keep us up to date and your posts are always appreciated!
There are no guarantees, only probabilities.

User avatar
WallStreetPhysician
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby WallStreetPhysician » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:44 am

White Coat Investor wrote:Second half goes a lot faster than the first half!


Yup, the second million comes in a lot faster than the 1st million!

User avatar
Lemonaid56
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:15 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby Lemonaid56 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:50 am

Congratulations to you!
Its a little over a year ago we started our journey on Bogleheads. I can never thank Lifehacker enough for the article I read that sent me searching for a better way to manage our retirement funds.
Every year I did the taxes since we had hired our FA it was killing me to see the expenses and thinking I could do as good myself and save 3-4k$. I thank this site for the support to go on our own. Still alot to learn everyday but our confidence is greater because of the support here.
We are 3/4 of our way to our goal and I keep telling my wife its about 7 years away. I hope I'm right.
Good luck to all of you.

rai
Posts: 1077
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:11 am

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby rai » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:54 am

White Coat Investor wrote:Second half goes a lot faster than the first half!

I reached 1/2 my number as well (20 years) and hope the second half is more like 8-10 years because of the snowball effect not to mention getting the kids out of the nest.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon. | | "You say that money, isn't everything | But I'd like to see you live without it." - Silverchair

FoolStreet
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:18 am

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby FoolStreet » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Lemonaid56 wrote:Congratulations to you!
Its a little over a year ago we started our journey on Bogleheads. I can never thank Lifehacker enough for the article I read that sent me searching for a better way to manage our retirement funds.
Every year I did the taxes since we had hired our FA it was killing me to see the expenses and thinking I could do as good myself and save 3-4k$. I thank this site for the support to go on our own. Still alot to learn everyday but our confidence is greater because of the support here.
We are 3/4 of our way to our goal and I keep telling my wife its about 7 years away. I hope I'm right.
Good luck to all of you.


Can you share the article?

User avatar
Lemonaid56
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:15 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Reached 50% of my "number" today

Postby Lemonaid56 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:41 am

FoolStreet wrote:
Lemonaid56 wrote:Congratulations to you!
Its a little over a year ago we started our journey on Bogleheads. I can never thank Lifehacker enough for the article I read that sent me searching for a better way to manage our retirement funds.
Every year I did the taxes since we had hired our FA it was killing me to see the expenses and thinking I could do as good myself and save 3-4k$. I thank this site for the support to go on our own. Still alot to learn everyday but our confidence is greater because of the support here.
We are 3/4 of our way to our goal and I keep telling my wife its about 7 years away. I hope I'm right.
Good luck to all of you.


Can you share the article?


Lets see if this works; this is the url of the article I read;

http://lifehacker.com/five-best-investm ... 1628737219


Return to “Investing - Help with Personal Investments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DrDexter, johnnyringo, Majestic-12 [Bot], NancyABQ, nobody special, Oracles4444, Pax, software and 62 guests