Since our choices are not great, we have just gone with a target date fund with an expense ratio of 0.79%. The 403(b) provider takes another 0.25%, for a total of 1.04%. We also contribute to a 457 that has several Vanguard Index funds available.
I'm not sure if I missed it, or if they are recent additions, but I now have three low cost funds available! None of the "total market" index funds that help keep things super easy and simple... but maybe something I can work with? They are:
Code: Select all
Ticker Fund Name Fee VMFXX Vanguard Federal Money Market Fund Investor Shares 0.36% (0.11% + 0.25%) VIPSX Vanguard Inflation-Protected Securities Fund Investor Shares 0.45% (0.20% + 0.25%) VMGIX Vanguard Mid-Cap Growth Index Fund Investor Shares 0.45% (0.20% + 0.25%)
Cutting a significant chunk of our portfolio from 1.04% down to 0.45% seems worth the rebalancing hassle, right?