Wow, Vanguard Flagship service is bad. Really bad.

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
blueman2

Wow, Vanguard Flagship service is bad. Really bad.

Post by blueman2 »

I have been investing with Vanguard for over 30 years and been Flagship for 20 years. I have just under $10M invested with Vanguard. This week was the first time I have ever had to actually call my flagship rep for help. I came away very dissatisfied and surprised with the lack of professionalism. I needed to send in a paper stock certificate to deposit into my account, but my rep was not available and the person I talked to did not know the process. He said someone would call me back within 24 hours, but hopefully same day. A week later, never a returned call. At the same time, I was helping my daughter set up a Roth IRA using the online process, and after 3 days, the account was still not active. So I called about that too and again, no real help, just advice to give it about a week to set up. I wrote a short note saying I was worried about the lack of response and service on these 2 issues, and he basically replied that due to tax season, he is very busy.

Wow. Glad I never had to rely on help from Vanguard in the past. And I hope I do not have to rely on personal help in the future.
Last edited by blueman2 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
leftcoaster

Re: Wow, Vanguard Flagship service is bad. Really bad.

Post by leftcoaster »

Call again. Ask for a manager. Tell them that you want to change reps and why and emphasize that you want someone who is consistently rated high on customer service and follow up. I did this after a similar experience and am happy I did.
Good Listener

Post by Good Listener »

Log on and you can set up a phone appt with your rep, usually within 24 hours. I have found flagship to be great and maybe you just caught a bad sub.
J295

Post by J295 »

I have accounts at both VG and Fidelity and have found the Fidelity service to be superior... I have very little need for service, but when I do it is outstanding .... fyi
Topic Author
blueman2

Post by blueman2 »

leftcoaster wrote:Call again. Ask for a manager. Tell them that you want to change reps and why and emphasize that you want someone who is consistently rated high on customer service and follow up. I did this after a similar experience and am happy I did.
That was my initial thought, but after reading other threads on customer service at Vanguard recently, I am thinking this might be a systemic issue with Vanguard. I don't want to throw my rep under the bus if it is really just 'the Vanguard way' to scrimp on service for the sake of lower fees.

And on a side note, is it possible to switch all my non-retirement investments to Fidelity without incurring capital gains tax hit? I know retirement accounts get around this, but was not sure about regular investments. I cannot afford the tax hit if I had to move all my funds to Fidelity and had to eat the capital gains.
leonard

Post by leonard »

blueman2 wrote:I have been investing with Vanguard for over 30 years and been Flagship for 20 years. I have just under $10M invested with Vanguard. This week was the first time I have ever had to actually call my flagship rep for help. I came away very dissatisfied and surprised with the lack of professionalism. I needed to send in a paper stock certificate to deposit into my account, but my rep was not available and the person I talked to did not know the process. He said someone would call me back within 24 hours, but hopefully same day. A week later, never a returned call. At the same time, I was helping my daughter set up a Roth IRA using the online process, and after 3 days, the account was still not active. So I called about that too and again, no real help, just advice to give it about a week to set up. I wrote a short note saying I was worried about the lack of response and service on these 2 issues, and he basically replied that due to tax season, he is very busy.

Wow. Glad I never had to rely on help from Vanguard in the past. And I hope I do not have to rely on personal help in the future.
I'm sorry there is no question for anyone in this OP. What advice are you specifically seeking, since this is the personal investments advice forum?
Leonard | | Market Timing: Do you seriously think you can predict the future? What else do the voices tell you? | | If employees weren't taking jobs with bad 401k's, bad 401k's wouldn't exist.
drummerboy

Post by drummerboy »

blueman2 wrote: And on a side note, is it possible to switch all my non-retirement investments to Fidelity without incurring capital gains tax hit? I know retirement accounts get around this, but was not sure about regular investments. I cannot afford the tax hit if I had to move all my funds to Fidelity and had to eat the capital gains.
Yes, you should be able to move your assets "in-kind". The only exception would be Admiral Shares that probably aren't available at a Fidelity or a Schwab. I moved away from UBS to Schwab. All of my taxable investments (bonds, ETFs, stocks) were moved in-kind (along with cost-basis information) without any capital gains impact.
Topic Author
blueman2

Post by blueman2 »

leonard wrote:I'm sorry there is no question for anyone in this OP. What advice are you specifically seeking, since this is the personal investments advice forum?
Fair point. Question should have been: Are others seeing this or is it just bad luck on my part?
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

My advice would have your daughter just open another Roth IRA online ... at Vanguard. We opened 3 new Roth IRAs in short succession taking about 5 minutes each time, so I wonder what the problem for your daughter is that one needs a human being to get involved?

She can always close an unfunded partially opened Roth IRA without problems.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
Topic Author
blueman2

Post by blueman2 »

livesoft wrote:My advice would have your daughter just open another Roth IRA online ... at Vanguard. We opened 3 new Roth IRAs in short succession taking about 5 minutes each time, so I wonder what the problem for your daughter is that one needs a human being to get involved?

She can always close an unfunded partially opened Roth IRA without problems.
That is what we did. But since I am a control person for several companies, I guess that caused it to go manual, because nothing happened for 4 business days after we did the online request. I did finally get a mail message from my rep saying it takes a week or so for control person families.
Choy

Post by Choy »

drummerboy wrote:
blueman2 wrote: And on a side note, is it possible to switch all my non-retirement investments to Fidelity without incurring capital gains tax hit? I know retirement accounts get around this, but was not sure about regular investments. I cannot afford the tax hit if I had to move all my funds to Fidelity and had to eat the capital gains.
Yes, you should be able to move your assets "in-kind". The only exception would be Admiral Shares that probably aren't available at a Fidelity or a Schwab. I moved away from UBS to Schwab. All of my taxable investments (bonds, ETFs, stocks) were moved in-kind (along with cost-basis information) without any capital gains impact.
I believe you're able to convert your admiral shares to the corresponding ETF if it exists. Fidelity would accept that.

On a side note, yes I've gotten bad customer service. Last week I rolled over an IRA to Vanguard. Because the previous IRA was invested in mutual funds, each fund generated a different check that was sent to Vanguard (all at once, in the same package). My instructions were to simply deposit every check into Prime Money Market fund. What did I get? A few checks deposited to the Prime MM, one to Federal MM, one to Total Bond Market two checks about $50K "missing". After I called about the wrong deposits and missing money they fixed it, but only found one missing check until I called again and left a message to be called back (with my specific rep). It was sorted out two days later and I got a call back a week later. All is well, but what terrible customer service!
dbr

Post by dbr »

It seems the essence of many of these problems are too many people at the front end who don't have the training or perhaps not the resources to manage the question the first time. Then the process to follow up fails (no return phone call, no attention from someone who knows.) In my book that is a management problem. Maybe they should apply six-sigma process thinking to what they are doing, starting with measuring failed interactions.
am

Post by am »

J295 wrote:I have accounts at both VG and Fidelity and have found the Fidelity service to be superior... I have very little need for service, but when I do it is outstanding .... fyi
I have had a few bad interactions with Fidelity reps. Usually calling back a little later will get someone more helpful and knowledgeable.
livesoft

Post by livesoft »

blueman2 wrote:That is what we did. But since I am a control person for several companies, I guess that caused it to go manual, because nothing happened for 4 business days after we did the online request. I did finally get a mail message from my rep saying it takes a week or so for control person families.
I didn't realize that having a parent like that affected my investing.
Wiki This signature message sponsored by sscritic: Learn to fish.
BolderBoy

Post by BolderBoy »

blueman2 wrote:I wrote a short note saying I was worried about the lack of response and service on these 2 issues, and he basically replied that due to tax season, he is very busy.
My buddy wrote a polite but scathing letter to the VG CEO outlining his complaints (he is NOT a flagship client). I predicted that he'd get a personal call back within a week. The call came in 3 days purportedly from a nice lady in the CEO's fixit division. She took care of his issues in short order. It was either in December or January.
"Never underestimate one's capacity to overestimate one's abilities" - The Dunning-Kruger Effect
JamesSFO

Post by JamesSFO »

blueman2 wrote: Fair point. Question should have been: Are others seeing this or is it just bad luck on my part?
As with any process dependent on people, Flagship representatives can vary. I've had 2 good ones and 1 that I didn't care for over the last ~18 or so years. My current one is fantastic. If you aren't happy with your rep, ask for another. It can take time to find one that fits well with you.
FIREchief

Post by FIREchief »

dbr wrote:Maybe they should apply six-sigma process thinking to what they are doing, starting with measuring failed interactions.
Actually, in my experience, this sounds more like the result of a six-sigma initiative than the genesis of one. :twisted:
I am not a lawyer, accountant or financial advisor. Any advice or suggestions that I may provide shall be considered for entertainment purposes only.
dbr

Post by dbr »

FIREchief wrote:
dbr wrote:Maybe they should apply six-sigma process thinking to what they are doing, starting with measuring failed interactions.
Actually, in my experience, this sounds more like the result of a six-sigma initiative than the genesis of one. :twisted:
My experience is more positive.
tmsul100

Post by tmsul100 »

For what it's worth...I've never had a service issue - ever - with Fidelity. Ritz Carlton quality people, with plenty of low cost funds.
Bodhi312

Post by Bodhi312 »

I hold admiral shares in my Fidelity accounts (both retirement and taxable). If you can get onto their institutional platform, you can buy them (though no Vanguard institutional shares). Since I've been able to buy admiral shares from my Fidelity accounts, I don't see why moving admiral shares in kind would be a problem. If you get hassled (which I doubt -- as noted, Fidelity customer service is actually very good -- they'll probably just push you to convert to or buy comparable Fidelity funds), just ask for access to the institutional platform. If they can't (I have no idea if they can just grant that access), shoot me a private message and I can tell you what I did (all on the up and up) to get access. With the amount of money moving over, I think they'll bend over backwards to be helpful.

My experience with Vanguard (though not even close to flagship -- I just had my rollover IRA there for a few years and recently helped a friend open a Roth there) has been that if you have little or no interaction with customer service, it's a great place, but involving customer service can quickly become troublesome, unfortunately, because their funds are great.
Teague

Post by Teague »

livesoft wrote:
blueman2 wrote:That is what we did. But since I am a control person for several companies, I guess that caused it to go manual, because nothing happened for 4 business days after we did the online request. I did finally get a mail message from my rep saying it takes a week or so for control person families.
I didn't realize that having a parent like that affected my investing.
Uh oh. On occasion I've been a (remote) control helicopter parent with my child.
Semper Augustus
Robert44

Post by Robert44 »

I have experienced great service with Flagship service. I have around 2.75Million with them. They call me back immediately or will schedule a call back time and are right on the time. Their customer service has been great with us.
radiowave

Post by radiowave »

I've had consistently good to excellent phone/chat/email interaction with Fidelity. The only complaint I have was a manual bill pay for the mortgage and the check never got sent and incurred a $85 late fee which Fidelity immediately reimbursed. I don't use their bill pay anymore to send checks.

I have not had any real interaction with Vanguard phone support. They did mangle my cost basis last year on VTSAX but it actually worked in my favor so I didn't pursue it.

It seems there are increasing threads here on Bogleheads in the past year or so on poor customer support. That is troubling. I wonder if they are experiencing increased growth and have not been able to provide the back end customer support, or if cost cutting is affecting their customer service department.
Bogleheads Wiki: https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page
FIREchief

Post by FIREchief »

Robert44 wrote:I have experienced great service with Flagship service. I have around 2.75Million with them. They call me back immediately or will schedule a call back time and are right on the time. Their customer service has been great with us.
Is it because of the 2.75 Million dollars that they treat you so much better than other posters? :confused
I am not a lawyer, accountant or financial advisor. Any advice or suggestions that I may provide shall be considered for entertainment purposes only.
ff4930

Post by ff4930 »

BolderBoy wrote:
blueman2 wrote:I wrote a short note saying I was worried about the lack of response and service on these 2 issues, and he basically replied that due to tax season, he is very busy.
My buddy wrote a polite but scathing letter to the VG CEO outlining his complaints (he is NOT a flagship client). I predicted that he'd get a personal call back within a week. The call came in 3 days purportedly from a nice lady in the CEO's fixit division. She took care of his issues in short order. It was either in December or January.
You see, that is the issue. It should never have resorted to this if the customer service is good. I feel when a customer needs to write a letter to the CEO, the company has already failed the customer.
TMCD75

Post by TMCD75 »

I read somewhere that Vanguard is experiencing MASSIVE growth. It's that growth that is apparently hurting customer service. Vanguard is catching billions of dollars that is fleeing active management models.

I only have around 300k invested with Vanguard, but they've been good on all of my requests.
sschullo

Post by sschullo »

Sorry you are having trouble. Something out of Vanguard's control might be going on as I had a similar experience. Years ago it took a couple of months to get an auto enroll set up for my VA compensation check. Both Vanguard and VA were overhauling their systems.

However, today, everything is cool. I have about 1.6M and have had great service after the loss of my spouse a year ago with transferring IRAs to my name, and doing a major rebalancing last spring with the help of a CFP that I was entitled. Turbo tax and Vanguard are connected so when I filed last year, all of the forms for capital gains and dividends went into Turbo Tax seamlessly.
"We have seen much more money made and kept by “ordinary people” who were temperamentally well suited for the investment process than by those who lacked this quality." Ben Graham
unclescrooge

Post by unclescrooge »

blueman2 wrote:
leonard wrote:I'm sorry there is no question for anyone in this OP. What advice are you specifically seeking, since this is the personal investments advice forum?
Fair point. Question should have been: Are others seeing this or is it just bad luck on my part?
I would suggest this is a recurring theme with Vanguard.

At a certain point in life, I value my time over saving a couple of bucks, and I happily pay a premium for good service. I use Vanguard products, but I doubt I will ever use their platform.

When you pay peanuts, all you get is chimps! :mrgreen:
dbr

Post by dbr »

I don't have accounts at Vanguard so in one sense don't have a dog in this fight. But if I contemplate moving to Vanguard to hold Vanguard funds there my concern is not so much that there are instances of complaints so much as the nature of the complaints. There seem to be all to many problems that are not processed, not recognized at the lower level as being problems, not passed off to higher levels, not getting follow up, and so on. In my book when a phone call back is promised and this doesn't happen, then it is end of story.

I have had multiple instances of issues with various firms that may not have been solved easily but were always taken seriously and quickly elevated to someone who did solve the problem. I might be unhappy that there was a problem but I am even happier to be taken seriously and to have gotten a solution as effectively as reasonably possible.
Taylor Larimore
Advisory Board

Consumer Reports: "Vanguard Does it Best"

Post by Taylor Larimore »

Bogleheads:

With millions of customers, any company will make mistakes and fall-short of 100% good service. This forum is a logical place to vent anger and disappointment.

The September 2016 issue of Consumer Reports did a survey of more than 150,000 investment company readers asking about:

Investment returns
Met goals
Customer Service
Advice
Online Reports

Vanguard ranked #1 of the 31 companies rated.

Best wishes.
Taylor
"Simplicity is the master key to financial success." -- Jack Bogle
goingup

Post by goingup »

Longtime customer and have always found their service top-notch. However, I start every conversation with a secure email, which is followed by a phone-appointment.

It's obvious Vanguard has been overwhelmed by their own success. The inflow of assets has overrun their CSRs. It also appears that their brokerage upgrade created havoc for some customers. At some point they'll get their arms around the problems but right now they appear to be on their heels. (Mixing metaphors.. :wink: )
jazman12

Post by jazman12 »

Good Listener wrote:Log on and you can set up a phone appt with your rep, usually within 24 hours. I have found flagship to be great and maybe you just caught a bad sub.
similar experiences
asked for new rep got a notice that said the singl rep will be replaced by a TEAM. so much for individual service. FIDO is much better in this regard...
Act soon... time is running out
soupcxan

Post by soupcxan »

[deleted]
Last edited by soupcxan on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burgrat

Post by burgrat »

FIREchief wrote: Is it because of the 2.75 Million dollars that they treat you so much better than other posters? :confused
The OP has 3x this amount (almost $10 million) and received poor customer service. They should be bending over backwards to help him!
njuser

Post by njuser »

I always request a phone appointment via the email link. Last year, I had a terrible experience with my Flagship rep (2.5 million account). Not only was my question answered incorrectly, but her 'supervisor', who was supposedly more knowledgeable about my question, confirmed her incorrect answer. I gave them every chance to think about their response, even pointing out the wording on their own web page. They insisted that they were correct.

I was upset and called back, talking to a (very helpful) person who said they would put me in contact with a supervisor. I requested that they listen to the recorded conversation, and apparently, they did. The supervisor seemed mortified about the conversations that had transpired and I was assigned a new Flagship rep, and given the correct information.

Fast forward to the next time I called. My new rep had been promoted and I was assigned still another rep. Back to square one.

It's the luck of the draw as to what these reps are able to answer. The Flagship reps seem like recent college grads who are in training to be assigned to more specific departments. So the quality of rep you get is really luck of the draw. Get one who is about to be promoted and you might get excellent service. Get a new hire and you might just feel afraid. Do your research before you ask the question, and if the rep seems like they don't know the answer, ask (insist) to speak to a specialist in that department. Do not accept "let me research this and call you back". That's what I got...

During tax season, I would expect to wait a few days for a callback. Sad but true.
G12

Post by G12 »

I had an issue with my wife and my inherited IRA's failing to automatically distribute RMD's in January per the automated Vanguard service. I called mid-week around 6 PM about a week later to inquire into the matter. My Flagship rep was gone for the day and I spoke with another rep and he didn't have an answer as to why the auto RMDs failed but said nothing was currently set up in the system. The RMDs had worked as set for years and I asked if changing to brokerage accounts in 2016 as Vanguard slowly rolled that out could be the issue and he didn't really know. Long story short, he sent a message to the assigned Flagship rep to call me the next day. Didn't not hear from him the following day so gave a call later in the week and left a VM and he called back within 10 minutes and said the message he received from the other rep made him believe things had been fixed. He then helped get the 3 accounts sorted and restored the auto RMD service which took about 15 minutes and we didn't have to involve anyone from the retirement plan area. He is a great rep, very knowledgeable and on the ball, and has always been very helpful when contacted and also reached out to me about 2 years ago about another matter, so proactive as well. I think it is just who you are assigned and their level of knowledge and experience. Setting an appointment will likely lead to a better outcome as well.
House Blend

Post by House Blend »

njuser wrote:It's the luck of the draw as to what these reps are able to answer. The Flagship reps seem like recent college grads who are in training to be assigned to more specific departments. So the quality of rep you get is really luck of the draw. Get one who is about to be promoted and you might get excellent service. Get a new hire and you might just feel afraid. Do your research before you ask the question, and if the rep seems like they don't know the answer, ask (insist) to speak to a specialist in that department. Do not accept "let me research this and call you back". That's what I got...
+1. That sounds similar to my experience.

I have had 3 Flagship Reps and have since been promoted into Flagship Without Rep status. (I'm ok with that, since I've generally just called into the Flagship pool, and have needed human assistance only rarely. Last time was 18 months ago.)

My first one was really good. Once had an interesting conversation with her about investing--learned that she was an active trader but well acquainted with this forum. She was promoted and replaced.

When I looked up my second on FINRA Brokercheck, I saw that she had minimal experience and a shoplifting charge on her record from 2008. :shock: Needless to say, I never felt the urge to contact her. :oops:

I encourage everyone with a Flagship Rep to see what's on file at FINRA.
https://brokercheck.finra.org/
Topic Author
blueman2

Post by blueman2 »

House Blend wrote: I encourage everyone with a Flagship Rep to see what's on file at FINRA.
https://brokercheck.finra.org/
GREAT tool! Thanks. My rep (been the same person for last 4 years) seems to have a good background. Been with Vanguard since 2011. So just confirms the issue is less about my rep and more about Vanguard in general.
PandaBear

Post by PandaBear »

soupcxan wrote:Do people go to Wal-Mart and expect great service? No, they are the low-cost provider. Vanguard is also the low-cost provider. If you want someone who hangs on your every word you might be better served by a traditional (read: expensive) investment management firm.

Another way to say this: cheap, fast, good - pick two.
Interestingly enough, I've never had a bad experience with Vanguard OR Wal-Mart. They may be a low-cost provider, but honestly my own experience with Vanguard has been the same as my experience with Fidelity--great service.
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

That is unfortunate and I am sad to hear. Our experience with Vanguard has been very good. Honestly, we do not contact Vanguard directly to much.
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
Topic Author
blueman2

Vanguard Select???

Post by blueman2 »

Another member here just PMd me saying that with my investment level, I should be Flagship Select. Indeed, I just got off the phone with Vanguard and asked about that level, and they said I qualify. I asked why I was not automatically moved, and they said it is by customer request only. It is not automatic. I have been over $5M with Vanguard for 10 years, and no one ever mentioned Flagship Select to me. Very strange business process these guys have.

Anyway, they are moving me to Flagship Select, though I have no real expectation that this will help. We shall see. But for others over $5M, YOU MUST CALL to get Select apparently. So call!
inbox788

Post by inbox788 »

TMCD75 wrote:I read somewhere that Vanguard is experiencing MASSIVE growth. It's that growth that is apparently hurting customer service. Vanguard is catching billions of dollars that is fleeing active management models.

I only have around 300k invested with Vanguard, but they've been good on all of my requests.
There's 2 issues I'm seeing. First, good customer service is often hard to find and costly. I'm glad Vanguard is trying to hold the cost line, but if they don't pay a competitive wage, the better customer service agents are the first to find greener pastures. It's a tough balance, since I don't want bad customer service and I don't want to see increased costs. Now the second issues is that all these new customers, especially those coming from active managers are probably used to a higher level of service. They communicated with their agents more often (likely that each interaction may have been a profitable transaction for the broker), whereas with Vanguard, each interaction is a cost. These newer customers may need more handholding than the veteran customers who are more self reliant. I really hope they're able to strike a good balance. FWIW, I'm not Flagship yet, and my interactions have been minimal with no issues.
Christine_NM

Re: Vanguard Select???

Post by Christine_NM »

blueman2 wrote:Another member here just PMd me saying that with my investment level, I should be Flagship Select. Indeed, I just got off the phone with Vanguard and asked about that level, and they said I qualify. I asked why I was not automatically moved, and they said it is by customer request only. It is not automatic. I have been over $5M with Vanguard for 10 years, and no one ever mentioned Flagship Select to me. Very strange business process these guys have.
It is possible that some Flagship members like their reps and would not want to be automatically moved to another level and another rep. Seems quite a reasonable business model to me not to force change on customers unnecessarily. Select level was publicized when it started a few years back.

I am satisfied with the Flagship service I have received via phone to the team and e-mail to the rep.
18% cash 44% stock 38% bond. Retired, w/d rate 2.5%
kiddoc

Post by kiddoc »

A lot of people defend Vanguard for poor customer service by saying they are low-cost, or "the Wal-mart", or discount service providers. That argument may work when comparing to Edward Jones. However, compared to Vanguard, my weighted expense ratios are 10% lower in my Fidelity account and almost 7% lower at TD Ameritrade. I have received much better customer service from those two brokerages. Of course. expressing it in % is more impressive than saying, "0.02% cheaper". Less cost nevertheless.

In my experience, Vanguard has had the highest cost and lowest customer service quality.
"The four most dangerous words in investing are: 'this time it's different.'" - Sir John Templeton
goingup

Post by goingup »

kiddoc wrote:In my experience, Vanguard has had the highest cost and lowest customer service quality.
Ouch! Are you listening Mr. McNabb?
Topic Author
blueman2

Exec email at Vanguard?

Post by blueman2 »

Does anyone know of an email address for the CEO or exec office at Vanguard? I do not see any method of communicating my displeasure to the execs. I think this is not an issue of bad people at the lower levels, but rather bad management decisions at the top level. I want to let them know how badly they are doing.
BigJohn

Post by BigJohn »

goingup wrote:Longtime customer and have always found their service top-notch. However, I start every conversation with a secure email, which is followed by a phone-appointment.
Consistent with my experience and the process I use. When I've sent email in advance my flagship reps (3 reps in 10 years) have always been prepared to answer the question quickly and effectively.
sambb

Re: Exec email at Vanguard?

Post by sambb »

blueman2 wrote:Does anyone know of an email address for the CEO or exec office at Vanguard? I do not see any method of communicating my displeasure to the execs. I think this is not an issue of bad people at the lower levels, but rather bad management decisions at the top level. I want to let them know how badly they are doing.

Great point.
wander

Post by wander »

I helped my spouse open Rollover-IRA and Roth-IRA. It took me a few minutes and no-phone call was needed. People complain customer service, but between our accounts, we've never (up to this point) called customer service. I have accounts with TD-Ameritrade, TrowePrice, and WellsFargo, but I have not called them either. Is any of them better than the others, I have no idea.
Mitchell777

Post by Mitchell777 »

I had a somewhat similar situation with a paper stock certificate. It never got to your situation because I was able to tell them I'm driving down so have someone meet me. They had two people there who were very knowledgeable. I like that I'm within driving distance although this is the first time I needed it in 30+ years