Maximizing tax advantaged space

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
SpartanBull

Maximizing tax advantaged space

Post by SpartanBull »

Hello,
I am in my Mid-twenties, self employed with my own small business. Awhile back I asked on here about maximizing tax advantaged space. I got some good advice and ending up setting up an I401k in which I'm maxing my I401 roth portion (18k), and then maxing the regular portion (25% of income). I also max out my normal Roth IRA of $5,500.
I suppose my question is am I missing anything? Once I've maxed my roth Ira with $5,500, maxed my I401k Roth portion with 18k, and maxed the other part of the I401k with 25% of income, is that all I'm entitled to for tax advantaged space? If so thats perfectly fine, I just want to check if I'm missing something, or if there is some other tax advantaged space that could be used before just putting $$ in into taxable. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
retiredjg

Re: Maximizing tax advantaged space

Post by retiredjg »

Health Savings Account? Which can only be used with a high deductible health plan which may not be available or even appropriate for you.
Elbowman

Re: Maximizing tax advantaged space

Post by Elbowman »

Government savings bonds (I and EE) are tax deferred. If the fixed rate of I Bonds ever get back to the 1%+ range I will probably buy some.