Schwab vs Vanguard

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
ogd

Re: Schwab vs Vanguard

Postby ogd » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:23 pm

ps56k wrote:
ogd wrote:Schwab is nice and cheap, but only on Vanguard will you find the Admiral index funds free, which are nicer to use than ETFs.

Was just browsing and reading these threads -

What do you mean -- Admiral index funds free - ?

I meant without trading fees, not counting the ERs which are the same as the ETFs. As far as I know very few VG competitors have VG Admiral shares of any kind, let alone the full stable.

onourway

Postby onourway » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:07 pm

confusedinvestor wrote:Schwab has lower ER ETFs vs Vanguard

Schwab is today's Vanguard

Vanguard will die soon or may be already in coma

I think you are indeed confused. Costs are important when we are talking 60, 80, or 100bp vs. 5. When it's 5 vs. 3bp, cost becomes fairly irrelevant.

LadyGeek
Site Admin

Postby LadyGeek » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 pm

confusedinvestor wrote:LadyGeek,

Given this wiki is 6 year old and not updated, this will mis-lead new folks like myself. Please help review this ?

http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/inv ... index_etfs

Schwab ETFs are much cheaper vs Vanguard.

Bogleheads needs to open up beyond Jack Bogle and Vanguard and test latest market leaders ...I have no affiliation with Schwab as I'm a AT&T Enginner, and only understand 0 or 1, not ETFs vs Mutual Funds...

LadyGeek wrote:
The wiki has a list: Investment management company ("See also")

Sure, I took a crack at it: Charles Schwab

Like you, I'm an engineer but work in the analog world. I understand 0.000 and 1.000. :)

Can someone familiar with Schwab give this a good look? Comments / questions / corrections are welcome. Wiki editors should edit the page directly.

===============
To explain further, the content of the wiki depends on the interest and experience of its editors. I don't invest with Schwab, so I don't look at those pages in depth. Upon request, certainly.

Members who want to see updated info regarding the other Investment management companies are welcome to become editors and update those pages yourself. You can become an editor by posting in Join the Wiki!, or see the instructions at the bottom of the wiki home page.
To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.

Sandtrap

Postby Sandtrap » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:56 pm

ogd wrote:
ps56k wrote:
ogd wrote:Schwab is nice and cheap, but only on Vanguard will you find the Admiral index funds free, which are nicer to use than ETFs.

Was just browsing and reading these threads -

What do you mean -- Admiral index funds free - ?

I meant without trading fees, not counting the ERs which are the same as the ETFs. As far as I know very few VG competitors have VG Admiral shares of any kind, let alone the full stable.

+1

ps56k

Postby ps56k » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 am

here's a PDF of the Schwab vs Vanguard vs Fidelity - ER fees comparison chart

https://www.schwabfunds.com/public/file/P-10043741

Return to “Investing - Help with Personal Investments”