Wunder Capital Experience?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
skiguy18

Wunder Capital Experience?

Post by skiguy18 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 am

Hi,

I was curious if anyone here has experience with http://www.wundercapital.com ? It sounds like it could be interesting as a means of diversifying for a small percentage of total portfolio. On the other hand, it also sounds a little too good to be true... What do you think?

sawhorse

Re: Wunder Capital Experience?

Post by sawhorse » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:15 am

Those percentages are "target returns". They have no meaning. This sounds like just a solar ETF, no?

Edit: Actually it's not an ETF. It's more like peer to peer lending for solar projects. I'd ask for data on credit scores of people getting the loans. If the returns are similar to other peer to peer lending, you're looking at around 3%.

Oh, it looks like it's only open to accredited investors.

lemonPepper

Re: Wunder Capital Experience?

Post by lemonPepper » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:47 pm

the only thing that comes to mind when i read it is: junk bonds.

wunder loans money to companies that cannot borrow money for a solar installation on their own. Since wunder offers min 6% to investors the borrowers must be paying more than that.

solar makes sense today for many people and companies. But borrowing money at high interest rates to go solar seems like a bad idea.

I also think there is not enough diversification. One borrower defaults and you are at a huge risk.

just my 2 cents..