Can you no longer hide zero balance funds at Vanguard?

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
msi

Can you no longer hide zero balance funds at Vanguard?

Post by msi » Fri May 08, 2015 2:30 am

I have an 'upgraded' account, meaning it's both brokerage and mutual funds. It used to be that you could go to "Balances & Holdings," then customize page, and there was an option for "Hide zero balance accounts."

It's not there anymore. Can you not do this anymore?

rustymutt

Re: Can you no longer hide zero balance funds at Vanguard?

Post by rustymutt » Fri May 08, 2015 7:07 am

Call Vanguard client services, and ask them your question. You still can, but it's not in the same place it use to be.
:sharebeer
Knowledge is knowing that the Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing better than to put the tomato in a fruit salad.

randal7

Post by randal7 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:39 am

I just did this like a week ago. The customize button was tucked away in the upper right corner of the balances & holdings page. Took me a while to find it.

msi

Post by msi » Fri May 08, 2015 2:32 pm

For anyone else wondering this, if you do have an upgraded account, you cannot hide them anymore through the interface. They automatically disappear after settlement.

johnubc

Post by johnubc » Fri May 08, 2015 3:58 pm

randal7 wrote:I just did this like a week ago. The customize button was tucked away in the upper right corner of the balances & holdings page. Took me a while to find it.

+1 - the 'Customize This Page' allows one to uncheck the 'zeroed' fund and it will no longer display.

msi

Post by msi » Fri May 08, 2015 4:25 pm

johnubc wrote:
randal7 wrote:I just did this like a week ago. The customize button was tucked away in the upper right corner of the balances & holdings page. Took me a while to find it.

+1 - the 'Customize This Page' allows one to uncheck the 'zeroed' fund and it will no longer display.

That only works on accounts which have not been upgraded. The customize link won't let you do this in the new brokerage+fund accounts.

bobsully

Post by bobsully » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:08 am

msi wrote:For anyone else wondering this, if you do have an upgraded account, you cannot hide them anymore through the interface. They automatically disappear after settlement.
Thanks for this. :beer

4th and Inches

Post by 4th and Inches » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks! I was always annoyed by those zero balances.

BW1985

Post by BW1985 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:47 am

johnubc wrote:

Thanks I didn't know this. Worked for me.
"Squirrels figured out how to save eons ago. They buried acorns. Some, they dug up, for food. Others, they let to sprout, in new oak trees. We could learn from squirrels." -john94549

toto238

Post by toto238 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:47 am

bobsully wrote:
msi wrote:For anyone else wondering this, if you do have an upgraded account, you cannot hide them anymore through the interface. They automatically disappear after settlement.
Thanks for this. :beer

So basically, it automatically disappears as the default setting. This is honestly preferable to me.