Teaching kids about money

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Topic Author
mptfan

Teaching kids about money

Post by mptfan »

spangineer

this is a huge problem

Post by spangineer »

There's a course offered at my university on personal finance, but it doesn't count for anything and only about 20 people take it every semester (out of 30,000+ undergrads!). People get robbed by brokers and financial advisors constantly, and yet society is oblivious. Even the training that the high schools in this article are talking about only touch on the subject--they don't even address the basics of investing.
XtremeSki2001

Re: this is a huge problem

Post by XtremeSki2001 »

spangineer wrote:There's a course offered at my university on personal finance, but it doesn't count for anything and only about 20 people take it every semester (out of 30,000+ undergrads!). People get robbed by brokers and financial advisors constantly, and yet society is oblivious. Even the training that the high schools in this article are talking about only touch on the subject--they don't even address the basics of investing.
A buddy I graduated with bought a nice 2007 BMW M3 ... interest is high, but all he cares about is the monthly payment :roll:
A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through