Rollover 401K to roth IRA

Have a question about your personal investments? No matter how simple or complex, you can ask it here.
Post Reply
Topic Author
stungerz
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Rollover 401K to roth IRA

Post by stungerz » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi All,

I have a Company 401K that has 60% of its value in a Roth 401K and the other 40% is traditional 401k (pre tax).

The 401k has good funds but the bonds in it are not as good and I'll make too much money to contribute to a Roth IRA so I don't want any money in a traditional 401K due to the pro-rata rule.

Therefore, I would lilke to only rollover only the Roth 401K of the 401k to a roth IRA and leave the traditional 401K in the company 401K.

Is that possible?

Thanks

JW-Retired
Posts: 7168
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:25 pm

Re: Rollover 401K to roth IRA

Post by JW-Retired » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Don't know why not but company rules may vary. All I can say for sure is you could at my company.
JW
Retired at Last

Post Reply