Search found 55 matches

by Slothmeister
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:33 pm
Forum: Investing - Help with Personal Investments
Topic: Vanguard Health Care Fund in my portfolio?
Replies: 42
Views: 4423

Vanguard Health Care Fund in my portfolio?

Does anyone think it's a good idea to start an investment portfolio that includes Vanguard Health Care Fund in the equities portion? Vanguard Health Care Fund 20% Vanguard Total Stock Market Admiral Shares 20% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral Shares 40% Vanguard Total International Stoc...
by Slothmeister
Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:22 pm
Forum: Investing - Theory, News & General
Topic: What If U.S. Stocks Stay Expensive For Years?
Replies: 50
Views: 8077

Re: What If U.S. Stocks Stay Expensive For Years?

4% doesn't sound too good to me after expenses, taxes, and inflation.
by Slothmeister
Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 am
Forum: Investing - Theory, News & General
Topic: Another New Investor (Market Timing)
Replies: 36
Views: 2976

Re: Another New Investor (Market Timing)

It's hard to imagine the market staying at this trajectory much longer but the 1980 to 1999 timeframe says it's possible.
by Slothmeister
Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:24 pm
Forum: Investing - Help with Personal Investments
Topic: Opening accounts all at one place
Replies: 3
Views: 515

Re: Opening accounts all at one place

Good. Thanks! That's what I thought, yet I couldn't find an answer anywhere else online.
by Slothmeister
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 am
Forum: Investing - Help with Personal Investments
Topic: Opening accounts all at one place
Replies: 3
Views: 515

Opening accounts all at one place

Hello Bogleheads! I'm a newbie soon to join the index funds party (hopefully not too late). My question concerns having all of my accounts at one company--Fidelity. I have a 401k opened by my employer for almost 20 years, and I recently opened a Roth IRA, and now I want to open a brokerage account v...