Tax News Sources
Taxation and investment go hand in hand. An investor should keep up with the tax laws for planning purposes. This page suggests several online resources.
IRS official information
- Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax For Individuals
- IRS Newsroom, Latest News
- IRS Hot Topics, items of current interest
The IRS's search engine is available at the top of each page. Advanced Search should be used to narrow the scope of intended results.
For those looking for tax changes, every IRS form instruction contains a "What's new" section that's easy to read and is authoritative.
While third parties (those other than the IRS) can often times provide valuable insight, readers are cautioned that the IRS is the only official source of information.
Fairmark provides links to recent featured articles on tax planning and investing, plus an update on recent developments in legislation, IRS guidance, and at Fairmark.com.
Fairmark Newsletter, stay current on tax developments
- Self-Directed IRA Implodes (20 May 2013)
- Here's one of the reasons it can be a bad idea to hold unconventional assets in an IRA.
- Expert’s Expert on IRAs (19 May 2013)
- If you're a professional who deals with retirement accounts you should have this book.
- IRS to Shut Down Nationwide (18 May 2013)
- On these sequester days, you won't be able to reach the IRS or file returns electronically.
- Taxing Internet Sales (23 April 2013)
- Congress looks set to close the loophole that permits people to avoid sales tax by buying online.
- Free Efile for Extension (9 April 2013)
- Free online filing for a federal extension is available without regard to income level.
- How do you keep up with the ever-changing tax laws?, forum discussion
|Embed this text in your forum post:||
Wiki article link: [url=http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Tax_News_Sources]Tax News Sources[/url]