Tax news sources
Taxation and investment go hand in hand. An investor should keep up with the tax laws for planning purposes. This page suggests several online resources.
IRS official information
- Publication 17, Your Federal Income Tax For Individuals
- IRS Newsroom, Latest News
- IRS Hot Topics, items of current interest
The IRS's search engine is available at the top of each page. Advanced Search should be used to narrow the scope of intended results.
For those looking for tax changes, every IRS form instruction contains a "What's new" section that's easy to read and is authoritative.
While third parties (those other than the IRS) can often times provide valuable insight, readers are cautioned that the IRS is the only official source of information.
Fairmark provides links to recent featured articles on tax planning and investing, plus an update on recent developments in legislation, IRS guidance, and at Fairmark.com.
Fairmark Newsletter, stay current on tax developments
- Standard Mileage Rates for 2014 (6 December 2013)
The IRS is out with the standard mileage rates for 2014.
The post Standard Mileage Rates for 2014 appeared first on Fairmark.com.
- Estate Planning Smarts (19 November 2013)
Anyone wanting to learn about estate planning should get this book by Deborah Jacobs.
The post Estate Planning Smarts appeared first on Fairmark.com.
- Covered Call Strategy Was Not Trading (14 November 2013)
An interesting twist in qualifying as a trader as a covered call writer.
The post Covered Call Strategy Was Not Trading appeared first on Fairmark.com.
- New Editions of Options Books (13 November 2013)
The 2014 editions of Consider Your Options and Equity Compensation Strategies are now available.
The post New Editions of Options Books appeared first on Fairmark.com.
- Waiting for Regs on Net Investment Income Tax (7 November 2013)
A brief update on forthcoming regulations dealing with the Medicare tax on net investment income.
The post Waiting for Regs on Net Investment Income Tax appeared first on Fairmark.com.
- How do you keep up with the ever-changing tax laws?, forum discussion