Mel Lindauer CFS, WMS, (Daytona Beach Shores, FL)[footnotes 1] was dubbed "The Prince of the Bogleheads" by Jack Bogle. He's one of the leaders of the Bogleheads forums, where he and Taylor have combined to contribute an incredible 85,000 posts, helping investors learn the Boglehead way to invest.
A Marine veteran, he started investing in the late '60s and has first-hand experience with both bull and bear markets.
Together with Taylor, he initiated and continues to organize the grassroots Bogleheads' annual meetings. He's been quoted in a number of newspapers and national magazines and has appeared on CNN-fn. He was selected as one of Money Magazine's everyday heroes in it's March 2012 issue.
Retired since 1997, he was founder and former CEO of a successful graphic arts company in the Philadelphia area for 30 years. Since retirement, he has earned credentials as a Certified Fund Specialist from the Institute of Business and Finance and as a Wealth Management Specialist from Kaplan College.He also holds commercial and flight instructor licenses, and was commissioned a Kentucky Colonel by the Governor of his former home state of Kentucky.
Taken from Page 294 of The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing
- CFS - Certified Fund Specialist , WMS - Wealth Management Specialist. See: Understanding Professional Designations
Along with Jack Bogle, Taylor Larimore and Laura Dogu, Mel was honored by being selected as one of Money Magazine's everyday heroes in the magazine's March 2012 issue: Champions of the small investor
- Forbes.com profile: Mel Lindauer.
- Bogleheads Forum Turning 7 (13 February 2014)
- The ‘King Of The Bogleheads’ Turns 90 (31 January 2014)
- ‘Back-Door’ Method For Getting Paper I Bonds (4 November 2013)
- Young Investors: Don’t Fear The Bear (26 July 2013)
- Another Defined Benefit Plan Eliminated (28 June 2013)
- The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing
- The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning ISBN 978047045557-9==See also==
- The Bogleheads® view
- The latest from Mel Lindauer@bogleheads,President, Bogle Center FFL; Forbes.com columnist; co-author, The Bogleheads' Guide to Investing & The Bogleheads' Guide to Retirement Planning.