Financial websites and blogs
(Redirected from Financial Websites and Blogs)
- 1 Finance professionals
- 2 Financial news and information
- 3 Investing education
- 4 Investment companies and government services
- 5 Personal finance management systems
- 6 Research and other financial articles
- 7 Stock exchanges
- 8 References
- Frank Armstrong - Investor Solutions
- John Bogle
- William Bernstein - Efficient Frontier
- Scott Burns - AssetBuilder
- Rick Ferri - Portfolio Solutions
- Paul Merriman - Paul Merriman (older materials: FundAdvice.com)
- Bill Schultheis - The Coffeehouse Investor
- Larry Swedroe - Buckingham Asset Management
Financial news and information
Bogleheads blogs and websites
- Barry Barnitz
- Bylo Selhi - Smart Mutual Fund Investing for Independent Canadian Investors - Site dedicated helping investors "learn how to invest on their own."
- indexfundfan - indexfundfan@indextown - Blog of investment-related articles.
- JLP - AllFinancialMatters - Blog focused on personal finance and Diehard topics.
- KyleAAA - Amateur Asset Allocator - Musings on personal finance, investing, business news, and economics with the occasional frugal post thrown in the mix.
- Larry Swedroe - Wise Investing - Investment topics.
- Oblivious Investor - Oblivious Investor - The idea of the blog is that you don't need to watch: a) CNBC everyday, or b) daily/weekly/monthly stock market movements...in order to be a successful investor.
- Paul Keck (pkcrafter) - Investment Guide
- sewall - The Incidental Economist - Blog of finance, economics, health care, and other "musings of a curious mind."
- tfb - thefinancebuff - Blog of personal finance and economics topics including spending, saving, borrowing, insurance, investing, and recent developments in the economy.
- Bogleheads™ Forum
- Financial Wisdom Forum (Canadian)
- Original Morningstar Forum
- Early Retirement Forums
- Raddr's Early Retirement and Financial Strategy Board
- Yahoo! Message Boards - Investments
General financial and investing news
- Google Finance
- Marketplace (NPR/American Public Media)
- Yahoo! Finance
- BBC World Service Business Programmes
- Bloomberg Podcasts
- Kiplinger's Podcasts
- Don McDonald - Don McDonald Show
- Paul Merriman - Sound Investing
- Brian Preston - The Money Guy
- Russ Roberts - EconTalk More economics than finance, though issues of relevance to finance are covered
- Jill Schlesinger - Jill On Money
- Vanguard - Plain Talk On Investing
- The Wall Street Journal - Your Money Matters
- Martin Wolf, Financial Times
- AARP Financial Planning and Retirement
- Fairmark - Advice on tax issues, information on Roth conversions, etc.
- Gummy Stuff - Series of investing and math tutorials (to download an entire CD's worth of spreadsheets, see gummy-stuff, eh?, forum discussion).
- IndexUniverse - Coverage of "product and market developments related to index funds and exchange-traded funds."
- Investing in Bonds (Education) - Basic information about bonds.
- Moneychimp - Seeks to be a "coherent, logical, useful and accessible financial education resource."
- Morningstar Classroom - Introduction to stocks, bonds, funds and portfolio topics. You must be registered to take the quizzes or to get credit for the course.
- John Norstad's Finance Page - Series of math-intensive papers about investing.
- Retire Early Homepage - Site "devoted to saving and investing for retirement."
- 403(b)wise - Created by "two educators fed up with the lack of objective 403(b) information available to participants."
- 457(b)wise - Sister site to 403(b)wise.
- Frank Armstrong - Investment Strategies for the 21st Century
- Rick Ferri - Serious Money, from RickFerri.com
- Paul Keck (pkcrafter) - Making Sense of Investing: A Guide to the Essentials
Time value of money
- Investing 101: The Concept Of Compounding
- Understanding The Time Value Of Money
- Anything But Ordinary: Calculating The Present And Future Value Of Annuities
- Time Value of Money and Financial Calculator Tutorials - Time Value of Money using Microsoft Excel and financial calculators. Example files are available for download.
- Stocks Basics: Introduction
- Index Investing: What Is An Index?, from Investopedia
- How do I figure out my cost basis on a stock investment?
- Bond Basics: Introduction
- Suggestion: Enable browser cookies and try to pass the quiz
- Advanced Bond Concepts: Introduction
Investment companies and government services
- Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA)
- iPath ETNs
- iShares ETFs
- PowerShares ETFs
- SPDR ETFs
- T. Rowe Price
- WisdomTree ETFs
- Treasury Direct - TreasuryDirect is the only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem securities directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form. It offers product information and research across the entire line of Treasury Securities, from Series EE Savings Bonds to Treasury Notes.
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) - The TSP is a retirement savings plan for civilians who are employed by the United States Government and members of the uniformed services.
Personal finance management systems
Research and other financial articles
- The Altruist Reading Room - Links to a wealth of information and research.
- Callan Periodic Tables of Investment Returns - A comprehensive representation of relative asset class performance over the last 20 years.
- Damodaran Online - Comprehensive data sets and spreadsheets by Aswath Damodaran
- Fama/French Forum - "Observations, opinion, research and links from financial economists Eugene Fama and Kenneth French."
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED), from the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. 39,000 economic time series from 38 sources. Download, graph, and track economic data. Downloadable tools, such an iPhone/iPad app and an Excel Add-In are available.
- The Journal of Financial Planning - Articles about financial planning topics.
- Journal of Indexes - The "book of record for the index industry."
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics), a collaborative effort of hundreds of volunteers in 73 countries to enhance the dissemination of research in economics. All RePEc material is freely available.
- IDEAS database (part of RePEc), the largest bibliographic database dedicated to Economics and available freely on the Internet
- Research-Finance.com - Compendium of recent academic finance articles and working papers.
- SSRN Economic Research Network - Aggregator of financial research with a powerful search engine.
- TIAA-CREF Institute - "Conducts and sponsors actionable research intended to impact and advance the ways individuals and institutions plan for financial security."
- TIAA-CREF Market Monitor - A "bi-weekly view of current economic and financial markets, plus up-to-date commentaries on topics of broad financial interest."
- United States
- FRED - Graphical presentation of interesting economic data, forum discussion.