- Hammond, Brett, Kemp, Leo, and Fore, Douglas, Investing in Commodities, TIAA-CREF’s Investment Strategy and Client Solutions Group, 07/07/2008.
- Idzorek, Thomas M. CFA, Strategic Asset Allocation and Commodities Ibbotson, May 2006.
- Kaplan, Paul D, Putting Momentum into Commodities, . Morningstar, 10/14/2011.
- Kaplan, Paul D, Beyond Beta - Passive Alternatives to Active Commodities Strategies, Morningstar, 12/01/2007.
- Philips, Christopher B., Commodities: The Building Blocks of Forward Returns, Vanguard Investment Counseling & Research, 2008.
- Stockton, Kimberly A., Understanding alternative investments: The role of commodities in a portfolio, Vanguard Investment Counseling & Research, 08/02/2007.
- Academic papers
- Chong, James and Miffre, Joëlle, Conditional Means, Volatilities, and Correlations in Commodity Futures Markets, 11/01/2004.
- Erb, Claude B. and Harvey, Campbell R.,The Tactical and Strategic Value of Commodity Futures, 01/19/2006.
- Georgiev, Georgi, Phd Candidate, Benefits of Commodity Investment, 03/01/2001.
- Gorton, Gary and Rouwenhorst ,K. Geert Facts and Fantasies about Commodity Futures 06/14/2004.
- Gorton, Gary B., Hayashi, Fumio and Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, Commodity Futures: A Japanese Perspective , (October 19, 2005). Yale ICF Working Paper No. 05-27. Available at SSRN.
- Gorton, Gary B., Hayashi, Fumio and Rouwenhorst, K. Geert,The Fundamentals of Commodity Futures Returns, (June 2007). Yale ICF Working Paper No. 07-08. Available at SSRN.
- Greer, Robert J., The Nature of Commodity Index Returns, 2000.
- Kat, Harry M. and Oomen, Roel C.A, What Every Investor Should Know About Commodities, Part I: Univariate Return Analysis, January 26, 2006. Available at SSRN.
- Kat, Harry M. and Oomen, Roel C.A., What Every Investor Should Know About Commodities, Part II: Multivariate Return Analysis, June 2006. Available at SSRN.