The College Savings category is concerned with products, strategies, and account types designed for individuals investing to finance higher education for a child (or anyone else, including themselves). Numerous savings plans exist for College Savings. Included among them are the 529 Plan, the Coverdell Education Savings Accounts and US savings bonds. Detailed pages devoted to each of the 50 state 529 savings plans can be accessed at 529 Plans. As an aid to help quantify projected college expenses, you can find calculators at College Savings Planner.
Basic information on college savings can be found at the following sites:
- College Savings 101
- An Introduction to 529 Plans
- College Funding Vehicle Comparison - pdf
- IRS Publication 970: Tax Benefits For Education
- SAVING FOR COLLEGE Putting 529 Plans to the Test
- Saving for College
- College Savings Plans Network
- NASD Smart Saving for College
- Morningstar - 529 Plan Information
- Vanguard College Savings Center
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.