What is the best site to compare funds???

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.

What is the best site to compare funds???

Postby davidkw » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:24 am

SCHWAB Compare

Vanguard Compare

Previously I used to use the Schwab Compare or the Vanguard compare screens. I tried comparing Vanguard EX USA Small Cap VFSVX ro Schwab's Fundamental Intl Small-Mid Cap SFILX but it did not work. I seethat Yahoo Finance is used often on this site. How do I find it? I searched and must of missed it. Any other compare sites good to use?
David | | From Jack Brennan's "Straight Talk on Investing", page 23 "Living below your means is the ultimate financial strategy"
davidkw

Postby livesoft » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:40 am

finance.yahoo.com

morningstar.com

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/re ... sp?Funds=1

But may I ask what data exactly are you going to compare?

For funds less than a year old, it will be difficult to use anything but the prospectus as the data bases are not updated.
livesoft

Postby likegarden » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:56 am

Fundinvestor at Morningstar.com, costs about $100/year.

M* gives you a list of the best 500 funds, tabulated each with about 30 different financial parameters in asset groups, rates the funds and their managers. I use it to review the funds of my portfolio and alternatives, since 2006, then decided that indices are the best.

Good luck!
likegarden

Postby KyleAAA » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:40 pm

I use Morningstar since I rarely have a need to compare mutual funds. The portfolio tools that come with the free account are pretty decent.
KyleAAA

Return to Investing - Theory, News & General