HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR DIEHARDS VII DVD SET YET?

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

HAVE YOU ORDERED YOUR DIEHARDS VII DVD SET YET?

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Hello Everyone:

I'm pleased to announce that the DVD set from Diehards VII in San Diego is now available. I'm making this a separate post, since it may have gotten lost when it was originally posted on another older thread. Here's the info on how to place your order:
Karshar wrote:Diehards VII 2008 Reunion DVD Package now available! 2 Disc Set - $7.50 shipping included! (Continental US)

There are a limited number of DVD copies available (200). Act fast before they're gone!

Boglehead Rich Guerra, a Dallas Local Chapter member, shot and edited all the footage. We are handling duplication and distribution of the DVD’s.

Please remember that the Diehards VII reunion sold out in a very short time, and lots of folks were left out, so you should order promptly so the same thing doesn’t happen with the DVDs.

Disc 1 – Jack Bogle Keynote and Jack Bogle Q & A, Disc 2 – Fireside Chat, Panel of Experts Q & A Parts I II, Bogleheads Fun. (Both discs come as a set!)

To order, send $7.50 USD via PayPal to “Send Money” tab to newt9ball@comcast.net for Goods. In the message box please mention Diehards VII.

You can access PayPal at www.paypal.com. Registration is free – you just need a credit card or checking account.

DVDs will be mailed first class US Postage (to keep the cost down)

Any questions, feel free to e-mail Karen at newt9ball@comcast.net. If demand is high enough – more can be made – we will create a waiting list but no guarantees!
I've seen the DVDs, and they really capture our event extremely well, thanks to Rich Guerra, our volunteer videographer.

Best regards to all,

Mel
Last edited by Mel Lindauer on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stratton

Post by stratton »

How about just sending a check?

Paul
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

stratton wrote:How about just sending a check?

Paul
Hi Paul:

You need to e-mail Karen @ newt9ball@comcast.net with your question.

Regards,

Mel
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Bump so everyone gets a chance to see it.
Kathleen Ryan

DH VII DVDs

Post by Kathleen Ryan »

I just received my copy of the DH VII dvds this morning.

The quality is very good, and it was wonderful to relive all the special memories of those days. At the time you think you'll remember everything, but then after seeing the dvds it reminds you of things you already had forgotten.

I plan to order a few more for family and friends as I want them to share in the vast amount of wisdom shared with the Bogleheads from Jack, Mel, Dr. Bill, Rick, Professor Ed, Laura, Sue Stevens, Bill S., and Michael L.

As always it was wonderful seeing Mr. Bogle and the many friends I've made through these reunions over the years, and it is always nice meeting new friends.
Best wishes, | Kathleen
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

Posting to bump topic up.

DHVII DVD's are available for ordering!
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

Are these videos going to be posted in the Wiki like previous years?
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Diehards VII DVDs

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Did you get your order in for the DVDs from the recent Diehards VII get-together in San Diego? If not, you'd better get your order in while they're still available.

Best regards to all,

Mel
retiredjg

Re: Diehards VII DVDs

Post by retiredjg »

Mel Lindauer wrote:Did you get your order in for the DVDs from the recent Diehards VII get-together in San Diego? If not, you'd better get your order in while they're still available.

Best regards to all,

Mel
I guess I'm still wondering if the videos are going to be posted on the web as in previous years.
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

retiredjg wrote:
Mel Lindauer wrote:Did you get your order in for the DVDs from the recent Diehards VII get-together in San Diego? If not, you'd better get your order in while they're still available.

Best regards to all,

Mel
I guess I'm still wondering if the videos are going to be posted on the web as in previous years.
Since they fill two DVDs, I'm not sure if we'll find a home for that much digital content.

Regards,

Mel
retiredjg

Post by retiredjg »

Mel Lindauer wrote:
retiredjg wrote:

Best regards to all,

Mel
Since they fill two DVDs, I'm not sure if we'll find a home for that much digital content.

Regards,

Mel
Thanks. Guess I need to order it. jg
cacophony

Post by cacophony »

Mel Lindauer wrote:
retiredjg wrote:

Best regards to all,

Mel

Regards,

Mel
Most video sites will work fine (youtube, etc) as long as you divide the content into separate parts (the limitations are usually on an individual clip length or size, not on number of clips or total size). It would be a lot of work, but it may be worth it.
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

cacophony wrote:
Mel Lindauer wrote:
retiredjg wrote:

Best regards to all,

Mel

Regards,

Mel
Most video sites will work fine (youtube, etc) as long as you divide the content into separate parts (the limitations are usually on an individual clip length or size, not on number of clips or total size). It would be a lot of work, but it may be worth it.
The volunteer Bogleheads who did the video work have already spent several days filming and a lot more time editing and producing the DVDs. So, at $7.50 (includes postage) for the set, I think anyone who's interested in seeing them can certainly afford them. I don't think it would be fair to ask the volunteers to do "a lot more work" just because someone wants to save $7.50.

Regards,

Mel
LFT_PFT

Thank You

Post by LFT_PFT »

Thank You to the volunteers for making this available. Needless to say, $7.50 for the collection is money well spent.
Blackhawkzone

Post by Blackhawkzone »

just curious, how long is each disc?

60 minutes, 90 minutes?

Sorry if it has been posted elsewhere
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

The first disk contains Jack Bogle's keynote AND his Q&A session. He was scheduled to speak for 15 or 20 minutes but he had a lot on his mind (this was at the time that the bailout/rescue plan was first being considered by congress) so he spoke for over an hour and a half. His Q&A went on for over an hour.

His comments and analysis were absolutely fascinating. The slides are provided and his comments were very nicely summarized by Victoria but actually seeing him deliver his thoughts in his incisive and entertaining style was something really special.

The second disk contains an almost hour long "Fireside Chat" between Jack and Bill Bernstein which was fantastic: two absolutely brilliant people having a provocative discussion about current events, the history of wealth and more. There are also TWO Q&A session with our panel of experts, folks who post here all the time or wrote the great books that serve as resources for us all - Mel, Laura, Ed Tower, Rick Ferri, Bill Schultheis, Sue Stevens and Bill Bernstein. These sessions are over two hours and were very useful.

All in all, there are about 6 HOURS of very useful, interesting, provocative and sometimes entertaining material on these DVDs. (PLUS the Boglettes!).

These disks cover most of the experience at DHVII. You get to put faces to posters and book authors. All you are missing are the extensive personal interactions between the Bogleheads and the speakers, which REALLY makes the trip worthwhile and extremely valuable. But if you couldn't make it, these DVDs will give you the flavor of being there!

Rich Guerra
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Hello Everyone:

There's still time to get your order in for your DVD set of much of the action at Diehards VII in San Diego. For $7.50 (includes postage), you get to see and hear a lot of what folks who attended the event (and paid a whole lot more) experienced.

Best regards to all,

Mel
madpunster

Post by madpunster »

Received my set today - very nice job - a steal @ $7.50 or $3.75/disc including postage - thanks to the volunteers for putting it together!
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

madpunster wrote:Received my set today - very nice job - a steal @ $7.50 or $3.75/disc including postage - thanks to the volunteers for putting it together!
Yes, Rich really did a super job filming, editing and producing the videos, and Karen did a great job assembling, reproducing and distributing the DVDs.

Regards,

Mel
mminaz

Post by mminaz »

I just ordered my 2nd copy to replace to one I gave to a friend yesterday.

Thanks again for all your effort Rich!
Those who understand interest <i>GET</i> it, those who don't; <b>PAY</b> it. | VFINX 33% / VIMSX 15% / NAESX 15% / VDMIX 20% / VEIEX 10% / VGSIX 7%
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

mminaz wrote:I just ordered my 2nd copy to replace to one I gave to a friend yesterday.

Thanks again for all your effort Rich!
That's an excellent idea. These would make great holiday gifts for friends and family who are interested (or should be interested) in investing.

Regards,

Mel
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

Thanks to all for all the kind words. Making the DVDs was a lot of fun. We are all indeed lucky that Karen ( Karshar ) has been taking care of the duplication and distribution. The disks and the case are simple and clean and very nicely done. I am very grateful to her for all her hard work.

The DVDs are definitely a great deal for anyone interested in witnessing very high level discussion of not only investing but also current events in the markets and financial industry!

Best Regards,
Rich Guerra
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

DHVII DVD's are available for ordering!

Posting to bump topic up.
gailcox

Post by gailcox »

If you haven't ordered your set, do it today!!

If you've never been to one of these events, it is great fun to see everyone on the DVD, then when you get to meet them at the next Bogleheads event, you already feel like you know them!

The Q&A between the panel and the personal Q&A with Mr. Bogle is priceless!

And don't forget the Hollywood-like entertainment by "Bogle and his Boglettes"----you will truly be amazed!

Order yours!

Now!

Gail
VELO724X

Post by VELO724X »

To all Bogleheads:

DHVII DVD's are still available for ordering!
Sunny Sarkar

Post by Sunny Sarkar »

gailcox wrote:And don't forget the Hollywood-like entertainment by "Bogle and his Boglettes"----you will truly be amazed!
I finally got around watching the whole DVD, and I totally agree - you guys did the most amazing job with that dance performance. I'm jealous how much fun you had doing that.

Besides that, I must say that the fireside chat is the most candid I've seen Mr. Bogle and Mr. Bernstein talking.
Rager1

Post by Rager1 »

VELO724X wrote:To all Bogleheads:

DHVII DVD's are still available for ordering!
I've ordered several copies to use as holiday gifts for family and friends who I know are interested in investing. The price is right and you can't get any better advice.

Ed
Tomaz26

Post by Tomaz26 »

Hi,

is there a way someone could send one copy to Slovenia? Can I pay with Moneybookers? I do not have a credit card so I cannot fund a Paypal account. Would really like to watch thos DVDs. If there is any other option available please let me know.

regards

Tomaz
Topic Author
Mel Lindauer

Post by Mel Lindauer »

Tomaz26 wrote:Hi,

is there a way someone could send one copy to Slovenia? Can I pay with Moneybookers? I do not have a credit card so I cannot fund a Paypal account. Would really like to watch thos DVDs. If there is any other option available please let me know.

regards

Tomaz
Hi Tomaz:

You can e-mail Karen at newt9ball@comcast.net. Tell her where exactly you need it shipped and perhaps she can check on the shipping costs and let you know the amount you'd have to send her by check to cover both the DVDs and the shipping costs, and where you'd send the check.

Regards,

Mel