airahcaz wrote:The root of the question was firstly curiosity.
The second was that one can certainly hope to get to these milestones.
The third, and I suppose not many such are on this board, but what do the folks with 10-20-50M do? I'd be willing to bet they get far more exotic, and as many have responded here, unnecessarily deviating from the beaten path. (my emphasis)
- First, it is near (beyond?) impossible to accumulate mid-high 8 digits investing in a 401K, Roth IRA, Vanguard funds, etc. People at this level of Net Worth are mostly either entrepreneurs or trust fund people.
- Second, people who save 7 figures can easily adopt a simple strategy to diversify amongst thousands of Stocks/Bonds using Index funds.
Coincidentally, I was just reading Forbes magazine's April issue showing US top billionaires and
change in Net Worth.
1. S. Robson Walton (Wal-Mart) $101.5 billion, +$2.6 billion
2. Bill Gates (Microsoft) $62.3 billion, +$260 million
3. Warrent Buffet (Berkshire) $45.5 billion, +$1.7 billion
4. Larry Ellison (Oracle) $37.6 billion, -$230 million
To name a few....