Gratitude

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
moneywise3

Gratitude

Post by moneywise3 »

I want to thank the Boglehead community for all the help. You guys provide an intellectually stimulating discussion on virtually any topic. I realized during this holiday season that this site has become a big part of my life. Season's greetings to all.
Mel Lindauer

Re: Gratitude

Post by Mel Lindauer »

moneywise3 wrote:I want to thank the Boglehead community for all the help. You guys provide an intellectually stimulating discussion on virtually any topic. I realized during this holiday season that this site has become a big part of my life. Season's greetings to all.
Thanks for the nice post. And let's not forget all the great gals that contribute here, too.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community forum (Bogleheads).

It's nice to know that the efforts are appreciated. Season's greetings.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
hazlitt777

Post by hazlitt777 »

Merry Christmas.
Driver

Post by Driver »

moneywise3 wrote:I want to thank the Boglehead community for all the help. You guys provide an intellectually stimulating discussion on virtually any topic. I realized during this holiday season that this site has become a big part of my life. Season's greetings to all.
+1000
I am very grateful for the Boglehead community. This community has been a big part of my life for the past few years. I don't know of any place that has such a vast amount of information on not just financial topics, but life in general.

Thank you everyone!
Easy Rhino

Post by Easy Rhino »

I would like to also pass along the gratitude. I gained bogleheadian peace of mind just barely in time for the financial crisis. Additionally, I learned a lot about roofs, washing machines, and $5000 watches :)
rec7

Post by rec7 »

Bogleheads are one of the many blessings God has given our family. Merry Christmas.
tuckeverlasting

Post by tuckeverlasting »

I too would like to say I would have been absolutely lost without the Bogleheads. I had no knowledge whatsoever of financial matters when I came into a windfall, which to me represented a large sum and life-changing event (even if modest by forum standards). I was afraid and unsure, knowing only that I had to make the most of my new situation. The Bogleheads gave me, and continue to give, not only the facts and plan I needed to cope wisely, but the confidence to proceed in navigating such unfamiliar territory, and in implementing my plan.

I also second the observation that there is cumulative unsurpassed wisdom here in many other domains of life. The forum attracts posters who have expertise in a variety of matters and are generous in sharing. It would certainly be my pick as number one site on the internet for quality of both posters and moderation--not to mention, information. There is great kindness and patience in the members, especially among those who post most frequently.

Thank you ever so much, Bogleheads. Words hardly do you justice.
It's Good To Be A Boglehead
Jerilynn

Post by Jerilynn »

rec7 wrote:Bogleheads are one of the many blessings God has given our family. Merry Christmas.
And Buddah and Allah and Krisna and FSM, etc, etc. :)
Cordially, Jeri . . . 100% all natural asset allocation. (no supernatural methods used)
VictoriaF

Post by VictoriaF »

Jerilynn wrote:
rec7 wrote:Bogleheads are one of the many blessings God has given our family. Merry Christmas.
FSM = Final State Machine?

Victoria
Inventor of the Bogleheads Secret Handshake | Winner of the 2015 Boglehead Contest. | Every joke has a bit of a joke. ... The rest is the truth. (Marat F)
Jerilynn

Post by Jerilynn »

VictoriaF wrote:
Jerilynn wrote:
FSM = Final State Machine?

Victoria
Pastafarians. http://www.venganza.org/
Cordially, Jeri . . . 100% all natural asset allocation. (no supernatural methods used)