UPDATE: Get yours FREE this Sunday, Feb 3

Discuss all general (i.e. non-personal) investing questions and issues, investing news, and theory.
ofcmetz

Re: New book available. Get yours FREE Dec 22 & 23

Post by ofcmetz »

I finished reading your book last week and wanted to post some thoughts.

First, I enjoyed the "my story" aspect of it. Fun to read an investment book where the authors not only taught, but shared their journey. It was a good mix of a biography and investing book. To me this made it more interesting and real. It was also cool to read from two perspectives and to see how you blended your investment styles and eventually moved in the same direction together.

When I first read all the funds you guys were in during the tech boom, I thought wow, this looks like the myriad of funds me and the wife were in prior to the bogleheads. Anyway, thanks for presenting your story and for passing on the wisdom. It was a great read. :D
Never underestimate the power of the force of low cost index funds.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: New book available. Get yours FREE Dec 22 & 23 [& Feb 3]

Post by LadyGeek »

sschullo wrote:In case you missed the last free offering, our book Late Bloomer Millionaires will be offered free on as an ebook on Amazon once again this Sunday, February 3rd, starting at midnight and ending 24 hours later.
Thanks! I retitled your thread with the new date. (If you want to change the thread title, just edit the Subject line in Post #1.)

I also linked to here from another thread: Re: Free Book!
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
sschullo

Re: New book available. Get yours FREE Dec 22 & 23

Post by sschullo »

ofcmetz wrote:I finished reading your book last week and wanted to post some thoughts.

First, I enjoyed the "my story" aspect of it. Fun to read an investment book where the authors not only taught, but shared their journey. It was a good mix of a biography and investing book. To me this made it more interesting and real. It was also cool to read from two perspectives and to see how you blended your investment styles and eventually moved in the same direction together.

When I first read all the funds you guys were in during the tech boom, I thought wow, this looks like the myriad of funds me and the wife were in prior to the bogleheads. Anyway, thanks for presenting your story and for passing on the wisdom. It was a great read. :D
Thanks. Many had similar stories learning this stuff. Please post your thoughts on Amazon.
Thanks again,
Steve
Never in the history of market day-traders’ has the obsession with so much massive, sophisticated, & powerful statistical machinery used by the brightest people on earth with such useless results.
Topic Author
sschullo

UPDATE: Get yours FREE Feb 3

Post by sschullo »

LadyGeek wrote:
sschullo wrote:In case you missed the last free offering, our book Late Bloomer Millionaires will be offered free on as an ebook on Amazon once again this Sunday, February 3rd, starting at midnight and ending 24 hours later.
Thanks! I retitled your thread with the new date. (If you want to change the thread title, just edit the Subject line in Post #1.)

I also linked to here from another thread: Re: Free Book!
thanks LadyGeek. I didn't know I could change the thread title. I am not a late bloomer for nothing!
Never in the history of market day-traders’ has the obsession with so much massive, sophisticated, & powerful statistical machinery used by the brightest people on earth with such useless results.
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: UPDATE: Get yours FREE this Sunday, Feb 3

Post by LadyGeek »

One point of clarification. Wouldn't Sunday, Feb 3 at midnight and the next 24 hours instead be Monday, Feb 4?
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
Topic Author
sschullo

Post by sschullo »

No, its available Sunday Feb 3rd, not Monday.
Topic Author
sschullo

Post by sschullo »

Pushing this up. Free offer is live now!
Closes at 24:00 military time tonight, that's 12 midnight for us civilians. Pacific Standard Time.
Last edited by sschullo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
crowd79

Post by crowd79 »

Thanks!
htdrag11

Post by htdrag11 »

+1.

Great history lessons. Hopefully, lessons learned but not forgotten. Passive investing should not be exciting. If it's exciting, then it's not passive.

GLTA.
Topic Author
sschullo

Post by sschullo »

Keep spreading the word, retweet, re-linkedin, re-Facebook, and any other "re" you can think of.
Over 4,000 have been downed loaded. Less than 12 hours left. The next offer will be in March, the date TBA.
bogleblitz

Post by bogleblitz »

I just read "Your brain and your money" today and a small section talks about these 2 authors losing 1 million dollars. I learned a lot from reading the book "Your brain and your money" today.