Where is Jerry Lee?

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Where is Jerry Lee?

Post by abuss368 »

Has anyone heard from forum poster Jerry Lee?

It has been a month since I have read any good DFA threads with the value and size dimensions?

Was he banned?
John C. Bogle: “Simplicity is the master key to financial success."
LadyGeek
Site Admin

Re: Where is Jerry Lee?

Post by LadyGeek »

This thread is now in the Local Chapters and Bogleheads Community forum (Bogleheads).

Status is not disclosed to protect member privacy. (Don't imply anything here.) I believe you are referring to Jerry_lee.
Wiki To some, the glass is half full. To others, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, it's twice the size it needs to be.
mickens16

Post by mickens16 »

Why would he be banned? He provided a lot of good information for many posters on this board.
sscritic

Post by sscritic »

You can PM him and see if he responds.
joe8d

Post by joe8d »

He provided great insight on various topics on the board and I do miss his comments.
All the Best, | Joe
Alex Frakt
Founder

Post by Alex Frakt »

He's not banned.

He recently sent me a PM asking about deactivation since he said he was to busy to post and didn't want PMs to be ignored. I replied with a few alternate options, but he never responded. I just checked and he hasn't picked up my PM.

I imagine he will be back when he has more time.
mickens16

Post by mickens16 »

I think the OP doesn't really care about Jerry_Lee's whereabouts and this was a backhanded remark.
Topic Author
abuss368
Location: Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold, and I don't know the names of the players!

Post by abuss368 »

mickens16 wrote:I think the OP doesn't really care about Jerry_Lee's whereabouts and this was a backhanded remark.
Hi mickens16,

You are incorrect. I enjoyed his many DFA posts and learned a lot. He and I sent many messages back and forth. I guess I will send a private message.

Best.
staythecourse

Post by staythecourse »

I personally miss Jerry Lee's posts. They were well thought out and he was passionate in his beliefs. Some I agreed with and some I didn't, but they always made me think.

I personally like folks who have viewpoints DIFFERENT then the usual bogleheads mantras. It helps me realize if I actually believe in something or am just drinking the kool aid.

Hope he comes back to post.

Good luck.
"The stock market [fluctuation], therefore, is noise. A giant distraction from the business of investing.” | -Jack Bogle
FillorKill

Post by FillorKill »

I personally miss Jerry Lee's posts.
Me too.
They were well thought out and he was passionate in his beliefs. Some I agreed with and some I didn't, but they always made me think.
Yup.

Whether you liked his viewpoint his intensity or his posting style [some did not] was one thing but how many epic threads was Jerry_Lee in the middle of in 2012? Quite a few. Sometimes those contentious threads delivered great info and analysis - several experts disagreeing and exhaustively defending their views was a goldmine.
Call_Me_Op

Post by Call_Me_Op »

Yes, J_L is a knowledgeable guy. I'm sure he'll be back.
Best regards, -Op | | "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Einstein
northstar22

Post by northstar22 »

I was just wondering this the other day. Count me in among those that miss his comments. I feel like I learned a lot reading the threads he was involved in.
pascalwager

Post by pascalwager »

Each day I would do a BH search under his name. Didn't want to miss anything. Anyway, he left over 900 posts for further study.
VT 60% / VFSUX 20% / TIPS 20%
Topic Author
abuss368

Post by abuss368 »

I talked with him. He is busy but will be back.
stratton

Post by stratton »

...and then Buffy staked Edward. The end.