Denver Area Bogleheads Chapter - would you be interested?

US Local Chapters, Wiki, and general Bogleheads community discussion, news, events, and announcements.
Topic Author
cowboyinasia

Denver Area Bogleheads Chapter - would you be interested?

Post by cowboyinasia »

Would anyone be interested in forming a Denver area chapter, to hold periodic - say, quarterly - get-togethers to share experiences, learn from each other, and have a pleasant time?

A while ago I contacted the person listed as the chapter coordinator in here, http://www.lostsprings.com/diehards/chapters/ but they said they are not the coordinator, and that hopefully Denver would get a chapter up and running.

If so, please state your interest by reply here, or PM me.

Thanks, and happy investing!

P.S. to Mods. I posted a similar message in a thread under Local Chapters with little response. Since there is not currently a chapter existing, I hope that posting in this forum is copasetic.
indexer

Post by indexer »

I'm interested.
LFT_PFT

Post by LFT_PFT »

I am also interested.

I believe previous attempts have been made to form a Denver chapter without success, unfortunately.
Flobes

Colorado chapter

Post by Flobes »

I am very interested.

As a Western Sloper, a winter meeting could indeed be icey and dicey.

Of course, you could come over to our side of the big hill once a year...
nobility

i'm interested

Post by nobility »

I'm interested as well.
Mel Lindauer

Re: Denver Area Bogleheads Chapter - would you be interested

Post by Mel Lindauer »

cowboyinasia wrote:Would anyone be interested in forming a Denver area chapter, to hold periodic - say, quarterly - get-togethers to share experiences, learn from each other, and have a pleasant time?

A while ago I contacted the person listed as the chapter coordinator in here, http://www.lostsprings.com/diehards/chapters/ but they said they are not the coordinator, and that hopefully Denver would get a chapter up and running.

If so, please state your interest by reply here, or PM me.

Thanks, and happy investing!

P.S. to Mods. I posted a similar message in a thread under Local Chapters with little response. Since there is not currently a chapter existing, I hope that posting in this forum is copasetic.
This is definitely the place to make your posts.

You already have the required five folks who are interested in forming a Local Chapter, so if any one of you will agree to be the Local Chapter coordinator (that person doesn't have to be an investing guru), then PM me with your contact information and I'll assign your group the next Local Chapter number and add your group and contact information to the Local Chapters Map so others can find you.
Best Regards - Mel | | Semper Fi
fredflinstone

Post by fredflinstone »

I might attend from time to time, but not 4 times a year.
skatterZ

Post by skatterZ »

Very interested
live in south suburbs
I would think we couls all help each other
RockyMountain

Post by RockyMountain »

I would be interested in meeting, assuming a lack of scheduling conflicts.
Topic Author
cowboyinasia

Post by cowboyinasia »

Great! Seems like some good interest so far.

Here is a list of interested people:
.Cowboyinasia
.Flobes
.Fredflinstone
.Indexer
.LFT_PFT
.Nobility
.RockyMountain
.skatterZ
.Number of people who PMed cowboyinasia: 1
Total: 9

To further the idea, allow me to suggest the first meeting somewhere in Lakewood on Saturday February 12th.

What ideas do you have for a useful first/second/third meeting agenda?
Topic Author
cowboyinasia

Post by cowboyinasia »

OK, I tried to send a PM to those interested, but it looks like from Bogleheads I can't do BCC or maybe even multiple names in a PM.

So, I'll suggest the agenda for the first, 10:00 a.m. February 12th Colorado (Denver Metro) chapter meeting as:
- introductions all around
- 5 minutes overview from each attendee their investment strategy and portfolio
- identify topics we would like to pursue at future get-togethers
- friendly conversation all around

For second and future gatherings, the agenda to be:
- one person present more fully their portfolio or a piece thereof, for group learning and discussion
- as a group we cover another topic, identified in the first meeting
- friendly conversation all around

Please post or PM me with a private email address, so I can coordinate and contact efficiently. Thanks.
bartbill

Post by bartbill »

I'd be interested, though may not be around in Feb/March - that is what Arizona is for.
Topic Author
cowboyinasia

Post by cowboyinasia »

Barbill,
Thanks for the note. I'm sure we'll be meeting again, so please join in warmer months.

Everybody,
Right now 4 or 5 are intending to attend this first meeting. Based on some feedback it looks like 13:00 will be better for the group, so let's do 13:00 to 15:00. For where, I'll go ahead and suggest the Dennys at Wadsworth and Hampden, the address is 3580 SO WADSWORTH, LAKEWOOD, CO 80235. At the first meeting, we can settle on future meeting times and location(s).

Happy New Year to all!
nobility

Post by nobility »

Are these Denver meetings still happening? I would be interested in participating.
jond2062

Post by jond2062 »

nobility wrote:Are these Denver meetings still happening? I would be interested in participating.
Nobility - The latest thread discussing the Denver chapter is here: http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtop ... 9&t=106021

Please chime in if you could so I can start to gather a list of interested Bogleheads. My hope is to organize a meeting sometime in January, as I think trying to plan one before the holidays is going to be unsuccessful.
- Jonathan